VIN Decoder & RPO Codes

7 hours ago, No Tyme said:

Stumbled across this thread and had to add, my 18 does not have a sticker in the glove box, or anywhere else for that matter, of RPO codes. I asked my local dealer for a build sheet and they printed me off one but the info I am looking for is not there.

2018 Silverado 1500 All Start Edition Crew 4X4... the hitch on the truck, is it a class 4 or a class 3?

Anyone?

Check your drivers side front door jamb. There should be a QR code, scan it with your phone, it will pull up most of the RPO's that your truck came with.

Should be Class IV from the factory. Look for RPO Z82 and Z85.

• Like 1

You should be able to find the info on the hitch. Look underneath the hitch and it may be stamped into the metal or on a sticker attached to it.

Edited by mikeyk101

• 1 month later...

Forgot to reply... thanks for the info. It does not actually state a class but I can deduct from the weight it is a class 4 hitch, with 12K tow max weight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 7:19 AM, Scooterz71 said:

You can send a message to [email protected] with your VIN and they will send back a build sheet.  I got one for my 2015 Silverado and was glad I did. Nowhere on the papers when I bought it did it say anything about being an All Star edition, but my build sheet listed it as the package that I have. 

Unfortunately, I emailed them this weekend for my new to me 2018 2500HD I got.  They emailed back saying as of Nov. 2021, they don't send the build sheets out anymore.  They give you the link to the Heritage Archive and tell you that you have to pay $50 for it.

Sad day.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:28 PM, No Tyme said:

I received the same message today, with a link to where I could purchase a build sheet for $50

Yup.  They on crack if they think someone gonna buy one for $50.  There is a site my buddy found that you can buy window sticker for only $5 so he did that.  Obviously it doesn't have RPO codes but it's the window sticker at least.

1 hour ago, Tyler Gibbs said:

There is a site my buddy found that you can buy window sticker for only $5 so he did that.  Obviously it doesn't have RPO codes but it's the window sticker at least.

ask your bud for the link to that site, please share it with us on this thread

On 7/1/2022 at 12:25 PM, Tyler Gibbs said:

Here's the site for window sticker:

https://www.withclutch.com/window-stickers

My buddy said you have to sign-up (free and easy) and then put your VIN in and then $5.

Unfortunately I can't proceed without a credit card which I don't use credit cards online... only Pay Pal.

Thanks for the link, maybe they will change

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 12:25 PM, Tyler Gibbs said:

Here's the site for window sticker:

https://www.withclutch.com/window-stickers

My buddy said you have to sign-up (free and easy) and then put your VIN in and then $5.

Seems legit.

I had to switch from Firefox to Chrome to complete the transaction but I had my sticker immediately.
Confirmed what I got from Chevrolet media and extensive research into my RPO codes (on mine, they were still in the glove box since it's a 2017)
Thanks for the link!

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, MikeBMW said:

Seems legit.

I had to switch from Firefox to Chrome to complete the transaction but I had my sticker immediately.
Confirmed what I got from Chevrolet media and extensive research into my RPO codes (on mine, they were still in the glove box since it's a 2017)
Thanks for the link!

Absolutely. :)

Whilst it's not a replacement for RPO codes/build sheet, it is kinda nice to have to see what's on the vehicle.

• Like 1