VIN Decoder & RPO Codes

Trying to figure out what gear ratio the truck I have has. I did the QR decode but it doesn't show the gear ratio.

I have a 2018 LTZ Crew cab with the 6.2l .

How do I get the full RPO list for my truck ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, ice_nyne said:

FWIW, This method still works. Sent off an email yesterday to [email protected] with my VIN requesting a build sheet, and someone got back to me later that same afternoon with the info. Great resource to have.

I done this and it worked for me too. Very helpful and nice reply. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2015 at 12:12 PM, jonny24 said:

Not all the codes in my glove box are on that list?

Not all codes are options but are broadcast codes used to determine the proper parts that went into assembly of the vehicles.  That's the whole reason behind that list, parts.  Some items that changed from vehicle to vehicle are emission components, spring rate components, etc. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2015 at 12:12 PM, jonny24 said:

Not all the codes in my glove box are on that list?

You can send a message to [email protected] with your VIN and they will send back a build sheet.  I got one for my 2015 Silverado and was glad I did. Nowhere on the papers when I bought it did it say anything about being an All Star edition, but my build sheet listed it as the package that I have. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a message on Sunday after reading this forum.
I had a reply on Monday!
Seems I have an All-Star package and Z71 suspension.
I really got lucky on my used 2017 Silverado purchase, the build sheet is really long.
Great response from Chevrolet media.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, sctbarrett said:

This only works if you have an American spec'd truck.  They said my truck is built with Canada base equipment and forwarded my email to them.  The Canadian team responded, call my local dealer or visit the heritage website.  Yup, big help.

Welcome to the site.

Always like to learn something new about GM trucks, so what is the Heritage Website?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

Always like to learn something new about GM trucks, so what is the Heritage Website?

Thanks for the welcome!  The GM Heritage Centre is GM's archives

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/ They will send you a printed build sheet for a fee and several days wait. The sad thing is I used to provide support to GM and had access to this information direct. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sctbarrett said:

Thanks for the welcome!  The GM Heritage Centre is GM's archives

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/ They will send you a printed build sheet for a fee and several days wait. The sad thing is I used to provide support to GM and had access to this information direct. 

You are very welcome, and thanks for the information. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Stumbled across this thread and had to add, my 18 does not have a sticker in the glove box, or anywhere else for that matter, of RPO codes. I asked my local dealer for a build sheet and they printed me off one but the info I am looking for is not there.

2018 Silverado 1500 All Start Edition Crew 4X4... the hitch on the truck, is it a class 4 or a class 3?

Anyone?