Bed Lighting Install Question

Hey guys, I have a 2014 Z71 LTZ.. I bought it a few months ago. When I test drove it, it had 4 miles on it. It had a bunch of boxes in the back, it had the optional floor mats, the bedliner, and other stuff.. Well when I took delivery they asked me to pick it up that night, but I told them I'd have to come the next day, and they said, no thats fine, come now. So I said okay. When I took the truck, all was fine, but I noticed a week later there was one of the boxes still under the seat. I opened it up and it's the lights that go in the bed. Now they will install them for me, but they want the truck all day, and I own my own business and work 7 days a week. If it's something simple I would prefer to do it myself. I can see there is a decently long wire included, but I have no idea where they run to. Does anyone with the lights already installed know where these hook up to? Right now if I flip my bed light switch nothing happens, and the indicator light on it doesn't light up..

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry guys, I tried searching for bed lights with different keywords and found nothing.. I started then searching for "toolbox" and up came a thread with details on installing them.. Go figure.. lol.

They are not too bad. You have to remove the tail lights (to fish the harnesses up to the bed) and get underneath to plug the harness in.If you have a bed liner it gets a little more difficult. The 4 small anchors just pop into the rail and then just screw the lights in. No splicing required. The harness plugs in left of center underneath so note that one side of the harness is longer than the other.

Hey guys, I have a 2014 Z71 LTZ.. I bought it a few months ago. When I test drove it, it had 4 miles on it. It had a bunch of boxes in the back, it had the optional floor mats, the bedliner, and other stuff.. Well when I took delivery they asked me to pick it up that night, but I told them I'd have to come the next day, and they said, no thats fine, come now. So I said okay. When I took the truck, all was fine, but I noticed a week later there was one of the boxes still under the seat. I opened it up and it's the lights that go in the bed. Now they will install them for me, but they want the truck all day, and I own my own business and work 7 days a week. If it's something simple I would prefer to do it myself. I can see there is a decently long wire included, but I have no idea where they run to. Does anyone with the lights already installed know where these hook up to? Right now if I flip my bed light switch nothing happens, and the indicator light on it doesn't light up..

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry guys, I tried searching for bed lights with different keywords and found nothing.. I started then searching for "toolbox" and up came a thread with details on installing them.. Go figure.. lol.

This topic on factory/aftermarket bed lights and installation (http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153192-under-rail-led-lighting/) was listed in the "Most Common 2014 Topics" pinned thread at the top of the K2 forum. Please take a minute to read over both.

Archived