DIC units standard/metric?

colton_m

I think I might be out of luck on this one but figured I'd ask.

Iv'e got a '14 Silverado LTZ Z71, been playing with the settings in the DIC and I found where you can switch the units between metric and standard. But I am curious if there is a way to put the tire pressure screen in standard while everything else remains in metric?

Since I'm in Canada I want km's for distance and speed but kPa for tire pressure means nothing to me!

Ovbiously it's not too big of a deal to change it but it would be nice to be able to have different units on different screens if thats possible?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I think you're going to be stuck with one system or the other. Either brush up on MPH to km/h or sort out what a kPa is. :lol:

Sheesh, when it's in for an oil change I'll try asking the guy to top up the tires to 255 kPa, or 280, or 263 oh wait nevermind LOL

‘Day Guys. Just a little food for thought for Canadian owners switching the DIC back and forth between metric and US measurements. Especially if the Canadian trucks seem to be getting really bad mileage. The DIC will probably be calculating gas mileage based on the US gallon, not the Imperial gallon.

The DIC will probably be calculating gas mileage based on the US gallon, not the Imperial gallon.

Not probably...it does display the mileage based on the US gallon. Wish it were imperial then I wouldn't need to calculate it.

Not probably...it does display the mileage based on the US gallon. Wish it were imperial then I wouldn't need to calculate it.

Why would it be any other way? The way I see it goofy stuff like kPa for tire pressure is the price you guys pay for getting to use a system that actually makes sense- I know there are 1000 meters in a kilometer but offhand don't know how many feet to a mile other than it starts with a 5. :lol:

Why would it be any other way? The way I see it goofy stuff like kPa for tire pressure is the price you guys pay for getting to use a system that actually makes sense- I know there are 1000 meters in a kilometer but offhand don't know how many feet to a mile other than it starts with a 5. :lol:

Kpa isn't rocket science either. There is 6.89 kpa per psi. So for easy math divide by 7. Or just get used to things like 200 kpa is for all intents 30 psi and so on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Please, I have a very simple conversion method. When the fuel light comes on, just put $100 in the fuel tank. And DRIVE her! Repeat as req’d. Hehe.

I think I might be out of luck on this one but figured I'd ask.

Iv'e got a '14 Silverado LTZ Z71, been playing with the settings in the DIC and I found where you can switch the units between metric and standard. But I am curious if there is a way to put the tire pressure screen in standard while everything else remains in metric?

Since I'm in Canada I want km's for distance and speed but kPa for tire pressure means nothing to me!

Ovbiously it's not too big of a deal to change it but it would be nice to be able to have different units on different screens if thats possible?

Thanks!

I still think in MPG as well, and would also like to be able to select which unit system each item is used for each item.

With the previous generation you could set the dic to US (for tire pressure and mpg etc), and the speed still displays kph ( and mph in smaller letters).

Archived