• Last Reply

I can't figure out how you guys afford these things

sent from my truck in a field

My current truck was like this-

Purchase price $37000

Trade 3.5 years later $26500

Tax deducts! $6000!!!!!

Cost per year. =$1285.00

I dealt $8500 off sticker on that truck so that helps too.

Pay cash (HARD work) avoid interest and take care of the investment... Do I have capital wrapped up it it yes. But my trucks aren't "costing" me an arm and a leg. It's complicated but it works out on paper. Also I run a business I need a reliable hard working HD vehicle. To each his own.

I used to feel the same way about new trucks. What a waste I thought. Then I realized how many wise business ppl enjoy new trucks and realized I didn't see the big picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current truck was like this-

Purchase price $37000

Trade 3.5 years later $26500

Tax deducts! $6000!!!!!

Cost per year. =$1285.00

I dealt $8500 off sticker on that truck so that helps too.

Pay cash (HARD work) avoid interest and take care of the investment... Do I have capital wrapped up it it yes. But my trucks aren't "costing" me an arm and a leg. It's complicated but it works out on paper. Also I run a business I need a reliable hard working HD vehicle. To each his own.

I used to feel the same way about new trucks. What a waste I thought. Then I realized how many wise business ppl enjoy new trucks and realized I didn't see the big picture.

I totally agree with all of that and thats why I was able to trade my '13 sle 3500 drw (only 13 months old) for my '15 denali 3500 drw. I wrote off 21k last year and only lost 10k on my trade in after getting 46,000 miles out of it. As a business owner it worked out very well to go to a new truck with another full warranty. I payed over half cash on my last one and between my equity and cash this time came out about the same. I shouldve just waited a month or 2 and paid all cash but I just couldnt hold out...[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I totally agree with all of that and thats why I was able to trade my '13 sle 3500 drw (only 13 months old) for my '15 denali 3500 drw. I wrote off 21k last year and only lost 10k on my trade in after getting 46,000 miles out of it. As a business owner it worked out very well to go to a new truck with another full warranty. I payed over half cash on my last one and between my equity and cash this time came out about the same. I shouldve just waited a month or 2 and paid all cash but I just couldnt hold out...[emoji16]

Couldn't agree more.. The duramax holds it value extremely well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to shop around for a Sierra HD Denali and the most anyone will move is about $500 off of MSRP. (And now about $1500 with the new rebate.) I suppose we won't be seeing much change until there is more stock around.

If anyone has had success lately with a good deal, I hope they'll keep this thread active.

I've been trying to shop around for a Sierra HD Denali and the most anyone will move is about $500 off of MSRP. (And now about $1500 with the new rebate.) I suppose we won't be seeing much change until there is more stock around.

If anyone has had success lately with a good deal, I hope they'll keep this thread active.

I ordered mine and fot around 4k off msrp. If I couldve waited a week I wouldve gotten the extra 1k but oh well. My msrp on my 2015 denali was $64,500 and sale price $60,500. Where do you live?

Update: with the extra $1000 consumer cash for May I'm looking at about 7500 of msrp, hopefully we get a Memorial Day special before I take delivery in the next 1-2 weeks!

So my looks like

$4000 invoice pricing

$1000 business choice

$1000 consumer cash

$1500 extra negotiated on trade-in

$7500 of msrp

Archived