Dash cleaning

Has anyone tried 303 Protectant on their 2014 Silverado dash/door panels/etc?

Repels dust/ dirt and stains and provides excellent UV protection - plus, no smell.

I used 303 twice a year on my 1997 F-150 and the dash and the rest of the interior looked as good when I sold it 6 months ago as when it was new. I also used it on the exterior plastic/tires/door seals, etc.

I bought a bottle after reading on here of guys using it. I must say it does a better job and last a lot longer than Armour all or Son of a gun.

• 2 years later...

I'm sorry to resurrect and old thread like this but I feel like I screwed up here

I had no idea I would have caused myself this much trouble just putting protectant on my 2016 Silverado dash

I generally use Mequires and I had some ultimate protectant, although usually I don't care for the higher gloss products

I used it and after a day or two, streaks started to appear as the product got some time on it. I took a micro fiber cloth and wiped off all of the protectant and I went back and took the Mequires detailer cleaning wipes that is supposed to get back to the orignal look

after it sat awhile, I could still see faint streaks

so, I took yet another microfiber cloth and wiped it clean

Then I read where others had the same problem and I found some Mothers Gold VLR

Vinyl , Leather , Rubber product and went back with that

so far so good, maybe if the streaks re-appear I can just keep reapplying it every so often and get it back to the a normal look

I wished I would have never put anything on the stupid thing

i use armor all dash/glass cleaner or griots interior detailer.

Gloss products are the enemy on gm stuff.

If you have an ltz you have leather across the dash and I would be very cautious with what you use

• 3 months later...

I have a 2016 titan xd and I used the armour all . I've had the truck for 2 months now and used 4 applications of armour all and my glove box is starting to peel.I'm not sure if it's the sun baking on the armour all or what.I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow.I won't be using it anymore!

I have a 2016 titan xd and I used the armour all . I've had the truck for 2 months now and used 4 applications of armour all and my glove box is starting to peel.I'm not sure if it's the sun baking on the armour all or what.I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow.I won't be using it anymore!

Archived