Service Stabilitrak and ABS

Got in the truck today and Service Stabilitrak and park assist disabled popped up on the DIC. I also saw the ABS light was lit up on the instrument panel. I will be a few days before I can get it to the dealership. Anybody have an idea what caused this?

Guess I should tell you I am driving a 2014 Crew Cab LTZ Z71 5.3L

• Like 1

Do u have a Range AFM device installed? If so, and its running old software you will get some of those messages. Mine was getting service stabilitrack and park assist. If you don't have the range its probably a loose connection.

Tapatalk via Moto X

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.. My truck popped up an error message saying Service Stabilitrak as well today. About 2500 miles. What did you find out about yours? No aftermarket addons on my truck

error

Edited by djayh20

I had the front left tire repaired at discount tire earlier that day. At some point during the repair they cut one of the electrical wires going into the hub. That caused all of my error codes. The way the hub is build it could not be repaired at had to replace the whole thing.

As per yesterday I've find out a strange thing on my truck.

Ok it's a '13 but maybe the cause is the same on the '14.

A few weeks ago the engine was out of the sudden idling at 750-800 rpm, the stabilitrac and esp message popped up.

I turned off the engine for a minute and started. No probs.

Last week I was sitting in the parking lot waiting for something and had the key in position #1 (I thing is "accessory") to keep the radio running.

After 20 min or so the message "battery low-start engine" popped up... :dunno:

Yesterday, same parking lot, same story (almost). After sitting for 25min (with the key in #1) I started the engine and again "stabilitrac and esp off" - message. Then I remembered that it was the same a few weeks ago. Sitting for a extended period of time with the key in #1 position.

I will see if I can duplicate it again tomorrow.

so long

j-ten-ner

I had the front left tire repaired at discount tire earlier that day. At some point during the repair they cut one of the electrical wires going into the hub. That caused all of my error codes. The way the hub is build it could not be repaired at had to replace the whole thing.

wait what.....

That tire shop cut the fricken abs/speed sensor wire going to the hub. WHY THE HELL would they do that. That is causing your issue and that will not be covered on warranty, you better make that tire shop pay up.

I'll bite. How does one damage a wire fixing a tire?

speed sensor/abs sensor at the hub
Edited by fondupot

Yeah I had taken it to the dealer and they gave be a quote for something like $507 for the repair. Went back with that to discount and told them what they did. The manager said he wasn't sure how they could have done that but that they would pay to have it fixed. I was expecting them to fight it and was pleasantly surprised when they didn't.

• 3 months later...

I'll post here because this is the most recent thread. My light for service stabilitrak came on last month as I took it in for the oil change. My dealer told me it was because of the lift that was put on the truck that it stretched the wires. He told me he would call me in about 2 days when the part came in to replace. Since then I have called 5 different times and left messages for him to call me back so I can get my truck fixed and he won't return my calls. Has anyone else heard of that or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

I'll post here because this is the most recent thread. My light for service stabilitrak came on last month as I took it in for the oil change. My dealer told me it was because of the lift that was put on the truck that it stretched the wires. He told me he would call me in about 2 days when the part came in to replace. Since then I have called 5 different times and left messages for him to call me back so I can get my truck fixed and he won't return my calls. Has anyone else heard of that or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

If I were you, I would drive over there and have a talk with him have him show you the problem.. Nothing like getting answers straight from a person, instead of receiving possible lies on the phone.

• 7 months later...

Similar problem here, 3800 miles, just cruising the freeway at about 70 mph the Service Stabilitrak and ABS lights came on. I also noticed now when I make phone calls via bluetooth the loudspeaker works but nothing shows up on the radio and the DIC is dimming then going bright again. :dunno:

Bone stock truck with no Mods and no off roading, made an appointment for next week, if anyone has anymore ideas what the possible causes are I'd like to know, otherwise I'll post up the results once I see the dealer.

• 6 months later...

I got in my truck after work today and turned my key. I barely turned my key and popped it back to run position. The truck turned over once and then stopped. I then got the "service stabilitrak" message. Turned my key off and started my truck normally with no issues. I'm thinking the systems just didn't cycle in time before I clicked my key backwards.

• 2 years later...
On 1/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, Goku760 said:

Any farther info on this? My 2017 is doing it its annoying

This is an old thread.  Search the forums for things like "G218 ground" and "electrical fixed" and you will find newer threads that show you what to check.

2 minutes ago, sk said:

This is an old thread.  Search the forums for things like "G218 ground" and "electrical fixed" and you will find newer threads that show you what to check.

Ok thank you will do