Stock Stereo Issue

GM has a upgrade, here's the info incase anyone is interested:

Audio

This Audio System-Subwoofer system duplicates the musical accuracy of live concert experiences, minus the crowds. It adds big-bass subwoofers in a small space, along with high-efficiency, low power-draw amplifiers and a unique sound signature from multi-channel amps with DSP.

BRAND/MODEL Kicker 200 Watt Powered Subwoofer Kit part #19303118 MSRP $659.00

I had the exact same complaint as you. It seemed the sound was muffled and definitely wasn't loud enough. When I use the AUX plug on my phone or on my Sirius unit the sound is way better and louder as well. Seems the issue comes from the head unit

Check out a kicker hideaway, it's a 8 inch powered sub. Prob pretty close to the GM upgrade, but half the price $299. I'm looking at getting one myself, reviews are good.

I picked a Sound Ordance B-8PTD and plan on installing it myself. I have never done a sub install so I need to do my research and figure out the how to!

Usb or bluetoothIt will matter with bluetooth

You've got that backwards.. Bluetooth you don't have volume control on iwhatever. Thru USB you have volume control on your iwhatever (at least in all 3 of my GM vehicles.)

question about the Kicker... which side does it install on? is there any other links you can find with more details?

I saw it installed under passenger rear seat, dont know if it can be on either side

Archived