Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

288ece0ba24eb467badb801cfd7a8483.jpg

Good news! Looks like I can still post pictures from my iPad but sadly can't from my phone. Hope to have that fixed soon

Since the fronts now have 2 layers of 35% on them they are basically even with the backs which have a single layer of 35 over the 20% factory smoke job. In theory the fronts are at 8.575% and the backs are at 7% I plan to get the tint shop to use a tint meter and find out exactly what the windows are at as I am extremely curious how close they are to those numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1

I had to replace my windshield after 1 month last fall and I already have a chip again..... must be the flatter design. Seems very susceptible to this. Tapatalk had always given me issues on pics. I usually use photobucket. Annoying. I still have my jlw3 12 from my Vette collecting dust but it's too deep for this truck.

I had to replace my windshield after 1 month last fall and I already have a chip again..... must be the flatter design. Seems very susceptible to this. Tapatalk had always given me issues on pics. I usually use photobucket. Annoying. I still have my jlw3 12 from my Vette collecting dust but it's too deep for this truck.

I knew I would eventually get a few chips. I drive 2 hours on the highway twice every weekend. Has to happen sooner or later! I just want to get the two chips I have now filled and the shield tinted. After that I will not worry much about filling chips unless they spider! I get hit by rocks all the time as I hear them hit the windshield and I thought the windshield is at quiote an angle for a pick up. Figured that is why it is not in need of replacement!

yea those subs are a bit deep for these trucks! My neighbor wanted me to get some but for $500 a sub and they wouldn't fit, no thanks.

Holy light batman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, it is a great light! I didn't like it much at first but now realize just how much it adds. It is worth the money. Also it does not mess with the camera, especially not near as much as it looks like in the picture through the camera, for whatever reason the phone made it look like that

Edited by Mike1220
  • Like 1

oh and here is the sub box I got for the truck! It is a fox acoustic dual 10" ported box.

seems like a very good box. Can't wait to see how the subs perform in it

aaab764219e1ccc0d05cd71a21a23148.jpg

And yes I am going to get rid of the bowtie. Fox Acoustic only makes the box with a bowtie on it (I guess they are they are just going for the larger client base, but they make a GMC cover plate for $2.50 so I am ordering that to cover. Should be here before Friday and Subs will arrive at home tomorrow. Wish I was there to open them and see them right away. Really can't wait to have big bass again!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Mike1220

I just installed my 30" light bar behind the grill and wow does that blow my headlights out of the water. Have you changed out your headlighgs and fog light bulbs? I noticed your bulbs all are the same color. My light bar is 6000 color temp and is much brighter than my other bulbs.

I just installed my 30" light bar behind the grill and wow does that blow my headlights out of the water. Have you changed out your headlighgs and fog light bulbs? I noticed your bulbs all are the same color. My light bar is 6000 color temp and is much brighter than my other bulbs.

pictures can be decieving. They are not all the exact same, no major differences but enough to make you notice in person, surprised they didn't look different in the pic. All my LED off road lights are more cool white (around 6000K, maybe 5500K) than natural white(5000K). The LED DRLs are a natural white just like my headlights and also match all the natural white interior domes.

I did change my headlights to 55W 5000K HIDs and they are much brighter than stock. They are about equivalent to the spot lights on my 20" bar but with the addition of the 30" I no longer use my highbeams ever. I actually just flash my light bars during the day instead of my headlights. Much brighter and much more noticeable IMO.

Fog lights are Rigid Industries Dually D2 driving pattern with the Rigid industries OEM fog mount.

• Like 1

Just got a message from family members. My subs arrived at home today. Now I am itching for Friday to get here so that I can have them installed and windshield tint put in.

I have been talking to a few ppl on here and a few ppl I personally know but am curious to see what my subscribers think, I am currently thinkig of either doing:

A) just put 35% film on the entire shield and call it a day

OR

B ) do 45% film on the entire shield and put a 10-15% visor and then call it a day (this option is only $20 more than option A so money isn't a determining factor)

Here is the biggest issue, windshield tint around here is a no no, but so is having your windows as dark as mine are. My fronts are around 8.575% which is illegal to no end. Limit here is 40%. I was worried at firs so i only put 35% on but now I kinda just threw that worry out the window when I was on my way to the tint shop the other day haha. I am thinking the 45% + windshield visor will be the better choice because it will offer better night time visibilty compared to 35% and it will look more stock, plus the darker visor will make the shield itself look lighter than it is (at least in theory, just like if you aren't the best looking guy, stand next to someone uglier than you are and you instantly look better! Its all relativity!)

So what do y'all think I should go with? I am getting the shield tinted this Friday at 1 when the subs are installed. So the sooner I get opinions the better!

PS. I would be going with a straight visor and not a curved one. Not a fan of the curved visors at all.

Edited by Mike1220

Just a heads up for some of those who might go through my build thread and notice I sometimes reference a picture that doesn't exist. I realized I couldn't post pictures from my phone because I had too many attatchments on here since I upload everything at high quality for the best resolution possible. I had to delete some of the pictures so I can add more! I may get a photobucket soon if this happens again so I do not have to delete pics again. I deleted some of the oldest that I could and those that aren't really relavent anymore. Just wanted to let y'all know

Never been a huge fan of windshield tint due to night time visibility, and never really needed it. I wear my Oakleys almost all the time when its not dark.

I'd say go for the lightest option.

I want to tint my front side windows, but not as dark as the rear. In MI any window except for the top 6" of the window is illegal. Cops aren't afraid of stopping you for it either.

Never been a huge fan of windshield tint due to night time visibility, and never really needed it. I wear my Oakleys almost all the time when its not dark.

I'd say go for the lightest option.

I want to tint my front side windows, but not as dark as the rear. In MI any window except for the top 6" of the window is illegal. Cops aren't afraid of stopping you for it either.

So yall can't even tint the front sides? [emoji15] legally I mean.

So yall can't even tint the front sides? [emoji15] legally I mean.

Several states do not allow front side windows to be tinted. Here in Georgia with the sun it would be great to completely black out the windows but I'm pretty sure I'd be the one guy the cops decide to enforce the law of how dark we can legally tint windows.

I personally do a lot of dark driving, so if that's a factor go with the lower tint %. I'm fine with no tint on mine due to all the dark driving. I've looked into the clear for the uv reduction but that's it.

I do highway night driving every weekend. I usually drive home during the day but come back to school at night. I've been wearing sunglasses every time just to simulate even darker tint than what I would be getting and even then it's not bad. It's not extremely easy when you have glasses that are at like 15-20% but that's far darker than 45%. I am considering no tint and just a straight brow. Only thing is it looks a bit funny from inside and out with dark sides and such a light front.

Edit: I have been wearing my sunglasses during the day and at night to simulate getting a dark tint even though I know I wouldn't get one that dark

Edited by Mike1220