Potential Colorado/ Canyon Buyers

I figured I would start a conversation about the new Colorados/Canyons. Since there isn't much info or talk about these trucks as of now, who all is strongly thinking about getting one? What are you most excited about? What would you use the truck for? What motor and style would you get? Color?

It will be a few year's before I decide on one, unless I can buy one then ship it oversea's, but I want a good year or two for bug's to be worked out and to see everyone's reaction to the new motor line up!

I use to own a 1988 chevy s10 ext cab 4x4 5speed stick shift. Loved it! Perfect work truck, Felt good to drive, I have also owned a 2007 Silverado. I think I could be happy and content with a new Colorado crew cab standard bed Z71 in maybe blue or red. Love that they will come with colormatched step bumpers and the strutted tailgates! Would admittedly be plenty enough truck for me, even though the muscular look of the new Silverado's are appealing also.

I want one, just won't buy one for at least 6 months to make sure people don't have the 1st run crap and problems that have no known fix. I had a Tahoe in 2005 that had no known repair and I lost 25k in one year on a trade..not going that route again.

I would consider buying day one if gm gives me a paper stating if it has issues in the 1st year that they can not fix..full refund. .then I'll buy it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'll have to see pricing and MPG before I can consider checking one out. I really like the ride of a fullsize truck, I had a canyon for a rental it was bouncy, and only a 2wd.

It will be a few year's before I decide on one, unless I can buy one then ship it oversea's, but I want a good year or two for bug's to be worked out and to see everyone's reaction to the new motor line up!

Don't forget your wish has already come true. We are basically getting a US centric version of the international mid cycle update, they never stopped making a mid size, they just stopped selling them here. The only really new stuff is the body and some interior gadgets.

If it gets over 25 MPG then it beats my Mazda for gas and I'd look at the Canyon All Terrain with the V6.

I seriously doubt I would get one unless it was amazing, I am planning on running my cars to 200K. I bought them new, want to get a lot of the life out of them before I let them go.

Love the looks of the new Canyon, the Colorado, not so much.

After spending almost a year with my k2xx, I love the truck, but not the little quirks and issues it has had as a first year. I love the size, the ride and the power although I really do not need the size, it's nice to have that extrs width and it will fit 6 people fairly comfortably. Thr narrower width of the new midsizers will likely only seat 4 and I don't like it doesn't offer a bench style front seat.

However, as good as the k2xx trucks are on mpg over other full sizers, my lifetime average of 17mpg is less then stellar, that alone is enough to make me want something that gets better mileage. I need a bed but 80% of the time my truck is just being used for a daily commute. I definitely want to try one out, but unless the price point is 6k~ less then a similar equipped k2xx I'd pass. If the diesel delivers over 30mpg I crew 4x4 form at 35k it will be tempting to downgrade.

I have had a new:

2010 Colorado

and

2012 Colorado

We'll see how GM prices these and options combinations.

I prefer a Work Truck - with options.

I prefer the rubber/vinyl floor carpet and vinyl seats. So much easier to keep clean.

I already have my GM Points maxed out. On one card.

Just remember for those with GM Points. Usually, the month of January - the points are doubled. No guarantee that this happens but it has for the past many years.

I could just as easily purchase a small Toyota or Nissan truck as I don't have the brand loyalty as some here have. Although I have had a Chevrolet/GMC truck the last 15 years.

Let's see what Mary Barra does with pricing and content. Either a winner or a dog at introduction.

Hello, Mary. The pressure is on you to do all right. Good pricing, good value - or this customer walks.

I love how some people think they make all the difference in the world to a big corporation. Sorry to break it to ya, but the world revolves around the sun, not around you. No offense.

I love how some people think they make all the difference in the world to a big corporation. Sorry to break it to ya, but the world revolves around the sun, not around you. No offense.

Yes, of course.

But sales numbers accrue one sale at a time (other then fleet).

If the world did revolve around me I would be putting together a bid for the LA Clippers.

But if so, I probably would not be driving a Chevrolet Colorado.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be June where we get the info. Considering the trucks should hit lots in July. I've seen a few driving around since I live close to the gm proving grounds...even back to last August they had em out without any cladding on to hide them. Odd they still are so secretive about em.

Archived