Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

WHY are 275/65/20 so much more than 275/60/20?! (Aside from the 1/2”). Annoying.

Why get NEW tires and go from a 55 to a 60 when the real difference would be from a 55 to a 65?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought 275/65/20’s myself. While I can appreciate the wide setups it just doesn’t do it for me personally. I’m too anal about paint to let the tire be outboard of fender. So a nice tall narrow tire was exactly what I wanted. The truck looks amazing on 34’s with a level kit. Fills the wheel wells nicely. The tires ran me $1000 for all 4.

$1000 for all 4 was definitely a hit to the wallet but after you’ve bought tires for a z06 anything else seems like a bargain lol

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 9:25 PM, RottenDiesel said:

Truck: 2018 1500 Denali
Level: Suspension Maxx set to 2” (front only)
Wheels: 17 x 9 XDs (+18)
Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70/17

9633f8e4cbe7e12e77f909600715e6a9.jpg

Looks great! Nice choice of rims! :pimp:

14 hours ago, Iceman22 said:

I just bought 275/65/20’s myself. While I can appreciate the wide setups it just doesn’t do it for me personally. I’m too anal about paint to let the tire be outboard of fender. So a nice tall narrow tire was exactly what I wanted. The truck looks amazing on 34’s with a level kit. Fills the wheel wells nicely. The tires ran me $1000 for all 4.

$1000 for all 4 was definitely a hit to the wallet but after you’ve bought tires for a z06 anything else seems like a bargain lol

probably 10ply vs 8ply. don't know if this is true but a discount tire guy told me one day that /X0s are usually 8ply and /X5s are usually 10ply

I don’t know if 285’s would stick out really. I mean, I’d contemplate them, but I think I still want a 65 height to fill out the wheel wells as well.

I don’t know if 285’s would stick out really. I mean, I’d contemplate them, but I think I still want a 65 height to fill out the wheel wells as well.

4b5b7f678ba2657425b4b25c0ce98090.jpg93b81f75d05c3d062334e331903b5880.jpg

Fuel Maverick 20x9 ET+20
Falken Wildpeak AT3 275/65/20
2” BDS level kit

f6afeb16caab59cdf93ff73cdb6c206c.jpga48b0c1b18ee25d1e8b4e1ca29f86498.jpg1498829db85887901c54681aee0977fe.jpgb8673123509e6ce18c13acf8a673494f.jpg

Currently only rubbing in reverse while going downhill and turning the wheel. Some testing at my end shows the contact is actually on my weathertech mudflaps. With the flaps removed the tire doesn’t make contact. Debating about notching the inner corner of the flap or just living with it

• Like 1

That 2” BDS kit looks pretty darn level to me. Can’t figure out why some go 2” and others 2.5”.

Here’s my 2 cents on that topic but I’m no mechanic so take it with a grain of salt... I think it’s a combination of each truck is different, peoples goals are different and budgets are different.

For instance, I would have chosen a 2.5” setup if BDS made one. I set out only considering a BDS product for their “no BS” warranty. To me it was nice piece of mind. Much more cost effective level kits out there but to me the increased price over XYZ company is like paying for an insurance policy. BDS only makes a 2” so that’s the height I went with.

As a little side note under the category of witch craft; my trucks fender measurements are not consistent pre and post new wheels and tires which makes no sense to me but the tape measure doesn’t lie.

With the BDS level installed and running factory 18’s with evenly worn 265/65/18 Duratracs I was 38.5” ground to center of the fender in the front and 39” in the rear.

With the new 275/65/20’s installed I’m 40.5” front and rear. Parked on the same patch of flat concrete and both times the truck was topped off with fuel. Bed was empty both times. I have no idea how the f*ck I gained 1/2” in the front....

How are those WildPeaks? Love the look and the reviews. I am mostly on the highway and around town and am looking into the exact tire and size...

Only have 100 miles on them so far but I am very very pleased. I debated between another set of Duratracs, Grabber AT2’s or the WildPeaks. Loved the Duratracs but ultimately crossed them off solely due to cost. I couldn’t get them for cheaper than $313/piece. Then it came down to the other two. For me I liked the wider channels in the WildPeaks, the side lugs and the fact the tires were newer. (Grabbers AT2 production has previously been stopped for good so any new sets in inventory were produced about a year ago or possibly even longer according to my tire guy...)

Initial 100 mike review of the WildPeaks is as follows. Also if it matters; this truck is a pavement princess and will never even see a dirt road let alone serious off road duty.

1) Great in the wet. We caught heavy rain on Monday and was as sure footed as ever.

2) Slight increase in noise over the Duratracs from 40mph and up but not enough for me to regret the choice. Plus nothing a little more volume on the radio can’t fix for long trips

3) No tread wobble of any kind and no tram-lining.

4) Great appearance on the truck. Bunch of guys at work have various AT’s on their trucks and the general consensus was it was the most aggressive looking tire out of all of the ones owned.

• Like 1

Awesome review and answers IceMan. Thank you.

Too funny about the height difference before and after. VERY odd. [emoji848]

Still torn between Nitto TG, RG or WildPeaks. I’ll do some more price checking tomorrow.

Lastly, you chose the BDS level over others; such as the famous Rough Country. Why and what did it run you?