2015 Colorado/Canyon Order Guides

• 3 weeks later...

When does the assembly line fire up?

I have read that some are coming off the assembly line presently (June 2014). On a slow rate. That's the last I read.

Some stated for test vehicles.

It must be a logistic challenge to get all of the right people at the right places with all of the right parts to make all come together correctly. Machinery has to be calibrated. Each job function has to be timed correctly.

The quality control folks must be going bazerk. Both on the line and those that are responsible for the actual parts.

With the number of GM recalls recently - no one wants a recall for the long anticipated new truck.

The new Boeing aeroplane comes to mind. The over heating of the batteries was not anticipated nor discovered until after the plane was sold to airlines.

Just a hunch. But I am guessing that the higher ups have demanded - no recalls on this one.

But with anything so new - unanticipated issues do develop.

From my understanding recalls are for safety related issues - and service bulletins are for items that don't operate as expected or designed. Then you have the multiplicity of sub contractors who actually manufacture most of the parts.

A lot of pressure on all at GM on this truck.

Archived