2015 GMC 2500HD CrewCab Duramax Vibration...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update to '15 2500HD (6.6L). After multiple trips to the dealer to address shake/vibration with no possible fix, GM is buying back the truck. New delivery should arrive this week. Going from a double cab to a crew cab. This has drawn out since August 2014. Finally resolution. Well, at least a new one to test drive before accepting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow im dealing with the same issue. My dealer has tryed to fix the problem 3 times now.they told me to keep monitoring the problem well i was and am sick of ittt!! Its there now day 11 with no resolution. Insane for a 63k truck with 9000 miles smh what ashame

I dodged the bullet on this issue. Neither my 2013 1500 LT CC nor my 2015 2500HD LT DC 6.0L have had this problem.

Nice. 75 miles on my new truck and its vibrating.

Saturday I traded my 2014 GMC 1500 All Terrain for a 2015 GMC Denali 3500HD. Today was first drive at 75 to 78 mph. Passenger seat and my 5 yr old sons car seat were shaking like the mounts we're going to snap out of the floor.

I am on the Michelin LXT tires and the interstate is freshly paved. The 1500 was smooth as silk on same stretch of road running 85.

I took a video of it to show service dept.

I saw these posts before getting my truck and hoped I would get lucky as I love the truck.

I really dread taking this for constant troubleshooting. I'll update with progress.

I added a steering stabilizer to my 13 after replacing the one on the 2010. It seems these HD trucks 2011 and newer don't have a stock stabilizer shock?

Adding stabilizer to the 13 did reduce the vibration I was feeling in the steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants to try something inexpensive and see if it helps, give the Counteract Balancing Beads a shot. I use them, as do a LOT of commercial truck owners, and have had great results with them. They balance the tire, wheel, and hub assembly on the fly. No need to rebalance for the life of the tire. I run them in my commercial trucks. Just turned over 431K on the original drive tires on my semi. Still 9-10/32 tread across the tires, no irregular wear. TPMS compatible. If it doesn't cure a vibration, you are out only a little pocket money.

http://www.counteractbalancing.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived