Would you run a RC lift?

I had a bad experience with them when I had their 6" kit for my 02. It was really a 4" plus key crank. Thats why i swapped to McGaughy's. I should have just trusted my instinct and I'll stay away from them for good now. Ordering a top gun customz 2" level here soon. Should look and ride nice [emoji106]

Sent while in 'Murica...

I had forgotten about your swap. The new truck will look sweet leveled.

Just by accident, I happened to meet a guy at work today who said he had a connection for lift kits, finally, a good connection!

Needless to say, I phoned this guy and sure enough, I can get a RC 5'' kit for my truck for about $800. Install is another $500, but I would probably do it myself. I can't imagine getting 5 inches of height for less than $800, while correcting all angles. I was originally hell bent on BDS as I like to always have the best stuff, but I just cannot afford it. The BDS 4 inch kit he quoted me $2,029, without install.

Is Rough Country still crap, or would you run it on your truck?

I've bounced around the idea of getting a rough country 5". Partially because of price and partially because I'm not gonna be off-roading a lot or do anything too serious off-road so a $2,000 kit just isn't justifiable in my mind. Plus I just couldn't convince myself to pay $2,000 for only 4" of lift anyway.

Right now I'm between getting a 5" RCX and new rims/tires or go with a Zone Off-road and new tires and get rims later.

Other than price the only real upside to getting an RCX is that it doesn't widen the track width and, I believe, it doesn't increase the turn radius at all.

Could I get the number of the guy selling the RCX for $800? I wouldn't mind going the RCX route if it'll save me that much coin. I can put those savings toward better shocks that I would've gotten even if I go the Zone route.

You can get the old version or 2wd lift for around $800 that does come with new knuckles and will widen the track width. The new full drop version is like $1200. For that price, Rancho is a no brainer.

Ah wait I'm just realizing that the OP has a GMT 900 and not a K2. Found this while randomly searching through the forum looking for some lift advice and comments.

Do you know if it would be better to use an old style kit? I know the suspension systems seem to be very much alike. But I haven't looked at a GMT 900 and K2 and compared the two myself. Just going off of what I've heard on here

Ah wait I'm just realizing that the OP has a GMT 900 and not a K2. Found this while randomly searching through the forum looking for some lift advice and comments.

Do you know if it would be better to use an old style kit? I know the suspension systems seem to be very much alike. But I haven't looked at a GMT 900 and K2 and compared the two myself. Just going off of what I've heard on here

I haven't really looked over the kits for the K2 but from what I've seen, you'd be better off with the newer version if going 7" for sure. In the 5" realm I'd choose rancho all day for that price.

I haven't really looked over the kits for the K2 but from what I've seen, you'd be better off with the newer version if going 7" for sure. In the 5" realm I'd choose rancho all day for that price.

Yea I'm looking to stay within 4-5" of lift plus 35" tires. Don't want to go 7" since I do a lot of highway. I feel like 4" is also perfect for a daily driver. It's high but not too high and it looks incredible.

I've got a 6 inch RCX lift kit on my 01 Z and I'm running 37's. Lift kit rides good, I'm pleased with it !

Technically it's like 4.5". You gotta crank the other 1.5" lol that's one of the reasons I got rid of mine. Bye bye RCX!!

Sent while in 'Murica...

• 2 weeks later...

Since everybody here has experience with different lift does any body know anything about super lift 6 inch kit.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

No experience with them but they seem to be well made. Most lift kits look the same I guess only difference is design. Seems like a good deal with the Bilsteins!

Sent while in 'Murica...

Archived