rdnckhntr94's 2014 Silverado High Country Build

LongrangeLauber

Looks good! So what's next with this "I'm going to leave it stock" plan?

Lol I know I know, I may have lied a bit. I was thinking of getting a 30" light bar and mounting it behind the grille. Hook it up with a wireless remote like a lot of guys have been doing.

Also want to get my HID's put back in. I realized I had them hooked up wrong after I got rid of them, so I'm gonna give them another shot.

Plan on doing some lights in the bumper steps, lights out back for hooking up a trailer, and probably some floorboard lighting.

I've thought about an auxiliary battery as well (side post for this one), some kind of CAI or maybe just an AIRAID tube.

I've also looked at exhausts and found a Gibson exhaust I liked, but Chris is telling me go Borla. I like the Gibson because another member has one installed and said it's a tad louder than stock going down the highway, but nothing too bad and he said it sounds good when you get on it as well. Still undecided

And of course I want to do a catch can. This will probably be my next mod

Edited by rdnckhntr94
  • Like 1

Sounds a bit pricey lol. I was planning the catch can myself but I've come to realize it may be to late to make a difference

It will take a while before everything gets done. Small stuff like accent lighting is cheap and easy.

Right now I'm getting my quad ready for a trip to Hatfield-McCoy's sometime in May. Gotta do an oil change, diff fluid changes, wanna install a light bar, and maybe do some better tires

• 3 weeks later...

Got the catch can installed today! Took about an hour once I had all the supplies together and then fabbed up a bracket for the can. Used 3/8" trans line like others have suggested but I still get a suction sound like others have reported. It's nothing I can't live with. Here's some pics

5692d7c08e5e925cff63bdaf5c3facce.jpg

296551bed48a71421f27ed60209da079.jpg

Edited by rdnckhntr94

Got my step lights in from oznium.com!

Whenever I have a couple hours to spare (maybe tomorrow afternoon) Im going to remove the rear bumper so I can drill my bumper steps for the LED bolts. The steps are attached in weird areas and removing the bumper aint hard to do. Hopefully she'll be all lit up out back here soon. Want to also hookup a couple other LED bolts I purchased and somehow fab up a bracket and mount them to my draw bar so it makes hooking up a trailer in the dark easier.

UPDATE: catch can is doing a helluva good job. Ridiculous the amount of oil that is in it after only a thousand miles

• Like 1

Got my step lights in from oznium.com!

Whenever I have a couple hours to spare (maybe tomorrow afternoon) Im going to remove the rear bumper so I can drill my bumper steps for the LED bolts. The steps are attached in weird areas and removing the bumper aint hard to do. Hopefully she'll be all lit up out back here soon. Want to also hookup a couple other LED bolts I purchased and somehow fab up a bracket and mount them to my draw bar so it makes hooking up a trailer in the dark easier.

UPDATE: catch can is doing a helluva good job. Ridiculous the amount of oil that is in it after only a thousand miles

Can't wait to see the results! Mind letting us know how to remove the rear bumper when you do it? Just for those who go to do the same lights as you and for those like me who want to spray line the black plastic on the bumper [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the results! Mind letting us know how to remove the rear bumper when you do it? Just for those who go to do the same lights as you and for those like me who want to spray line the black plastic on the bumper [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at it today. Real easy. Looks like 10 bolts with a T45 torx head to remove em. Undo the sensor on the distribution box and remove tag lights. Seems like it will slide right off. Shouldn't take me but 10 min.

Oh yeah looks like for easier access you can drop the spare tire, but that's not necessary I'm sure

Edited by rdnckhntr94