GMC ALL-terrain HD

I'm new here but here's a couple of pics of my 2015. Bought it with wheels and leveling kit already installed. Went with All-Terrain over Denali strictly on the interior. The Denali is severly lacking on the woodgrain that makes it luxury class. The interior of the All Terrain is really unique. Carbon fiber accents on the leather and panels and the dash. Red stitching really tops it off. Only thing I wish is that the grille wasn't chrome but rather color matched like the 1500. Other than that All Terrain all the way. Plan to black the entire exterior out later when I get a chance.

PSX_20141206_151350.jpg

PSX_20141210_093528.jpg

What lift or leveling kit? What size wheels and tires?

If the all-terrian could be had with cooled seats I would be all over it, I hate leather when it is hot and sticky!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has a 4in leveling kit from Fabtech and 20in Maverick wheels from Fuel. The tires are 35's.

As far as cooled seats, I'm at work and truck is at home, might me a week or two until I can get to it, but I did recieve the truck in December and immediatly tried out the seat warmer button. It has heated seats with what looks like a cooling option right next to it but I didn't try it out. Maybe someone else can chime in sooner but when I get home to give it a shot I will let you know.

It has a 4in leveling kit from Fabtech and 20in Maverick wheels from Fuel. The tires are 35's.

As far as cooled seats, I'm at work and truck is at home, might me a week or two until I can get to it, but I did recieve the truck in December and immediatly tried out the seat warmer button. It has heated seats with what looks like a cooling option right next to it but I didn't try it out. Maybe someone else can chime in sooner but when I get home to give it a shot I will let you know.

Do you know if it is the newly released ultimate kit with the steering knuckles? The one they release back when I had my 12 was not good for the front end but this new kit looks great. Would like to see some pics of your CV angles and stuff if it is. Does it have the performance or dirt logic shocks, how does it ride?

Do you know if it is the newly released ultimate kit with the steering knuckles? The one they release back when I had my 12 was not good for the front end but this new kit looks great. Would like to see some pics of your CV angles and stuff if it is. Does it have the performance or dirt logic shocks, how does it ride?

I don't like the knuckles as they pull the front wheels in making it narrower. They do this to keep from over extending the cv's since they are not dropping the front diff. The knuckles also reduce the stock turning radius.

I don't like the knuckles as they pull the front wheels in making it narrower. They do this to keep from over extending the cv's since they are not dropping the front diff. The knuckles also reduce the stock turning radius.

Yea I did some more digging in some old posts on Dmax Forum after I posted that. I didn't remember the old kit coming with knuckles but it looks like it did. Doesn't look like it has been changed; I'll pass. Hopefully for Josh's sake they have changed it because the original kit was brutal on the 2500 front ends.

post-127628-0-22188400-1421111623.jpg

Like this kind of brutal

Yea I did some more digging in some old posts on Dmax Forum after I posted that. I didn't remember the old kit coming with knuckles but it looks like it did. Doesn't look like it has been changed; I'll pass. Hopefully for Josh's sake they have changed it because the original kit was brutal on the 2500 front ends.

download (1).jpg

Like this kind of brutal

I don't think it is a bad leveling kit but fact of the matter is NO leveling kit will go over 2 1/2in. without tearing stuff up and destroying the ride.

I wish you didn't have to cut the frame up and drill holes in it to install a lift as a real 4in. lift turned down to 3in. will actually level the truck correctly. Forget the rear blocks as the ass is already way up in the air.

What I have listed on my bill of sale from the dealership is "Fabtech K1055 Ultimate System w/ Performance Shocks". To be 100% honest the ride feels stiffer than I was expecting, and there is a bit of rubbing going over hard bumps.

A proper lift kit is definitely in the future, hopefully Cognito. I will update with interior shots when I get off work. Maybe in a week.

I'm new here but here's a couple of pics of my 2015. Bought it with wheels and leveling kit already installed. Went with All-Terrain over Denali strictly on the interior. The Denali is severly lacking on the woodgrain that makes it luxury class. The interior of the All Terrain is really unique. Carbon fiber accents on the leather and panels and the dash. Red stitching really tops it off. Only thing I wish is that the grille wasn't chrome but rather color matched like the 1500. Other than that All Terrain all the way. Plan to black the entire exterior out later when I get a chance.

attachicon.gifPSX_20141206_151350.jpg

attachicon.gifPSX_20141210_093528.jpg

Nice truck!!! This will be my next rig. Its like what I have now but better. LOL

I recently picked up my Iridium 2015 Denali 3500HD Crew Long Bed SRW. I factory ordered it beginning of November (10th I think) and it arrived at dealer a week before Christmas. Super fast build/ship since it was the end of the year. I was looking at the All Terrain for the same reason (Interior and the fact that I thought they had a body color grill like the 1500's), but once I started looking at it, the Denali Seats are much nicer and are Heated AND Cooled. The All Terrain is not available with Cooled Seats, and that was a deal breaker for me. I figured it was easier to change some interior trim pieces than to add cooled seats. My 2013 Silverado LTZ had Heated and Cooled seats, and one thing I never do is go backwards as far as equipment goes. Just turned 1000 miles on mine and love every mile of it!!

I recently picked up my Iridium 2015 Denali 3500HD Crew Long Bed SRW. I factory ordered it beginning of November (10th I think) and it arrived at dealer a week before Christmas. Super fast build/ship since it was the end of the year. I was looking at the All Terrain for the same reason (Interior and the fact that I thought they had a body color grill like the 1500's), but once I started looking at it, the Denali Seats are much nicer and are Heated AND Cooled. The All Terrain is not available with Cooled Seats, and that was a deal breaker for me. I figured it was easier to change some interior trim pieces than to add cooled seats. My 2013 Silverado LTZ had Heated and Cooled seats, and one thing I never do is go backwards as far as equipment goes. Just turned 1000 miles on mine and love every mile of it!!

That's my thoughts as well, leather seats that are not cooled are hot and sticky, when you throw in some other options and the ghost instrument cluster and other trim pieces and upgrades it makes the Danali the way to go, glad to see GM offering more options though.

That's my thoughts as well, leather seats that are not cooled are hot and sticky, when you throw in some other options and the ghost instrument cluster and other trim pieces and upgrades it makes the Danali the way to go, glad to see GM offering more options though.

I ordered a new 2500 Dmax SLT with the All Terrain Package. Every option except the Blue Ray Player. Price was more than some new Denali's on the lot but I just don't like the way the Denali has the big chrome grill and I actually like the seats better in the All Terrain. It would be nice if you could get the instrument cluster from the Denali as an option.

Gorgeous truck! I actually decided on a 1500 w/ max tow. I own and operate a medium sized home remodeling company. I do all of the final checks before getting paid on the jobs. Once in a while I have to pick up windows or some roofing materials to keep the crews going. Max tow should provide enough for those loads, while maintaining better gas mileage. I drive an average of 250 miles per day. 90 just from home to the office and back daily so I need to be weary of fuel costs and company expenses. It took forever to find one configured the way I wanted it and I will propbably immediate regret not going HD....AGAIN, but I have plenty of life left to get one in a couple years. Once I hire someone to help me out I will be driving less and mileage wont be a concern.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a new 2500 Dmax SLT with the All Terrain Package. Every option except the Blue Ray Player. Price was more than some new Denali's on the lot but I just don't like the way the Denali has the big chrome grill and I actually like the seats better in the All Terrain. It would be nice if you could get the instrument cluster from the Denali as an option.

I think you are going to be disappointed when you see the chrome grill surround on the All Terrain HD. For some reason, they only do the body color grill on the 1500 series trucks. I tried to buy one for my Denali, and they only had certain colors available as an accessory.

I think you are going to be disappointed when you see the chrome grill surround on the All Terrain HD. For some reason, they only do the body color grill on the 1500 series trucks. I tried to buy one for my Denali, and they only had certain colors available as an accessory.

I'm fine with the grill surround being chrome. Its the actual mesh looking grill that I dislike on the Denali. I looked at and test drove both the Denali and All Terrain so I know what I bought. The dealer had one similar to the one I ordered but It was black with 18" wheels and missing the roof marker lights and tow mirrors

Mine is going to be Iridium Metallic with 20" Wheels, Tow Mirrors and roof marker Lights

Archived