Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

Hate to stir up an old thread with a stupid question, but would the DOT Rigids look real stupid with stock headlights? I'd like to do the TRS 35w Sierra Spec kit eventually but I'm worried about altering such a new vehicle.

You mean in the fog light spot correct? No, it will look fine

2014 Silverado 2WT CC Summit White 4.3L V6

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

https://m.youtube.com/user/jorgerangel159

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean in the fog light spot correct? No, it will look fine

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangelhttps://m.youtube.com/user/jorgerangel159

Correct. From what I've read, the Rigid fog install seems pretty straight forward with substantial light output. I'd like to start with this then go HID headlights in the future. Just want to make sure stock headlights and the Rigid fogs don't look ridiculous together. I'm shooting for functionality over looks at this point anyway. I was much more impressed with my 2010 silverado stock lights over the 2015 sierra's.

Correct. From what I've read, the Rigid fog install seems pretty straight forward with substantial light output. I'd like to start with this then go HID headlights in the future. Just want to make sure stock headlights and the Rigid fogs don't look ridiculous together. I'm shooting for functionality over looks at this point anyway. I was much more impressed with my 2010 silverado stock lights over the 2015 sierra's.

From what I heard of people with the rigid dot approved led pods. They work great, amazing light output without blinding people. I would definitely go this route if I had a Sierra. My silverado would look weird with just 1 per fog light and to expensive to put 2 on each fog light

DROPKICK Edition

IG: jorge_dropkick_rangel

https://m.youtube.com/user/jorgerangel159

That's just how the wires hang...HA!

Thats the wire connecting the light to my factory wiring harness. I had just mounted the lights so I didn't tuck the wires away yet. You can just zip tie them way up behind the bumper. These DOT fogs are hands down one of the best purchases I've made for my truck. It's like having a second set of headlights.

That's just how the wires hang...HA!

Thats the wire connecting the light to my factory wiring harness. I had just mounted the lights so I didn't tuck the wires away yet. You can just zip tie them way up behind the bumper. These DOT fogs are hands down one of the best purchases I've made for my truck. It's like having a second set of headlights.

Awesome, I may have to pull the trigger soon.

• 3 weeks later...

7d6a54dc50837ccb8584c325e0630435.jpgbcc7d530893faf573cb1e2d8fe21f370.jpg

$5 and a trip to Home Depot later, I'm up and running... Can't wait for it to get dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is there a gaping hole above the fog light housing? Did u have to cut that to instal the d2's??

Best light modification I've ever invested in. Couple weeks after I installed them, my old HID's cut out on my way home at night. The fogs are like a seperate set of headlights. I had no problem seeing for the remaining 20 miles. Really couldn't believe how bright they are. If you're on the fence about them, get them. Easy to install and worth every penny.

• 1 month later...

Installed the Rigid SAE/DOT fogs a couple weeks ago... what a pain in the ass to get them installed. I didn't have fog lights on my truck, only the blanks so it pretty much entailed tearing apart the front of the truck. But! the stupid things out shine my Morimoto HID's. they are impressive, have a perfect beam for fogs.

In the same boat as you, how did you get to the small nuts holding the fog light pod on??? And what size nut is that?.....this sucks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

got mine done about a month ago to replace the factory mounts (had LED's in there with factory mounts). Here's a video of the difference between headlights and Rigid D2's...the headlights are very bright to start with - I just have the video adjusted so that when the D2's fire up its not washed out. (Video link is separate since can't embed vids in the forum)

http://vid1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah88/caveat71/VID_20160817_210504_zpsxyshst6y.mp4

IMG_20160905_183717_zpsmzbkdpxp.jpg

Archived