Rigid Fog Lights - D-Series DOT/SAE Certified

Just got a late Christmas present in the mail today. Like many others, I wanted to improve over the stock lighting and thought I'd try these new lights out.

I also got the Rigid fog brackets for the 2015 Sierra and I'm planning on rigging these up to run off the factory fog switch.

post-138147-0-11382200-1421364762_thumb.jpg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already got those! They are pretty impressive.

You can run them on the factory fog light wiring no problem. No wire harness needed

output pics and my personal review of them. I have since become a bit more impressed with them than I was on day 1. I think I was a bit less impressed on day 1 because I went from D2 Driving lights to these and the D2s had a lot more light output but were just too bright and blinding to be able to use on the road

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156170-led-fog-bulbs-lights/?p=1556475

Nice pictures Mike. Like you said, it'll be nice to use these on road for city dwellers so you're not blinding everyone out there. And will do AT...I'm going to be out of the country this weekend and next but I'll get them installed ASAP and take lots of pictures in the process. Here's what I ordered so far:

Rigid D-Series DOT/SAE Lights

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

Rigid D-Series Fog Mounts for 2014/15 GMC Sierra

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46511

I'm also going to order some H11 pigtails and 2-pin deutsche connectors to make a simple conversion harness so I don't need to hack up the stock wiring.

Nice pictures Mike. Like you said, it'll be nice to use these on road for city dwellers so you're not blinding everyone out there. And will do AT...I'm going to be out of the country this weekend and next but I'll get them installed ASAP and take lots of pictures in the process. Here's what I ordered so far:

Rigid D-Series DOT/SAE Lights

http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50481

Rigid D-Series Fog Mounts for 2014/15 GMC Sierra

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46511

I'm also going to order some H11 pigtails and 2-pin deutsche connectors to make a simple conversion harness so I don't need to hack up the stock wiring.

Thanks, the beam pattern is pretty cool. I took some pictures a few days ago of how the beam pattern looked in the mist and it was extremely clean coming from the truck.

6610041C-566D-449D-83C3-F209AF8B152D_zps

They are effective without being blinding. Glad I finally changed to some street legal fog lights.

I already got those! They are pretty impressive.

You can run them on the factory fog light wiring no problem. No wire harness needed

output pics and my personal review of them. I have since become a bit more impressed with them than I was on day 1. I think I was a bit less impressed on day 1 because I went from D2 Driving lights to these and the D2s had a lot more light output but were just too bright and blinding to be able to use on the road

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156170-led-fog-bulbs-lights/?p=1556475

I think im about to order these DOT fogs. As far as installing these, i'll just need the gmc brackets and lights correct? will they hook straight up to the factory wiring without cutting anything??

I think im about to order these DOT fogs. As far as installing these, i'll just need the gmc brackets and lights correct? will they hook straight up to the factory wiring without cutting anything??

All you will need is the GMC OE bracket and the ability to cut some wiring. You can go the same route that some have gone and get a 5202 to HID plug and then cut the HID plug off and connect a rigid connector in its place. Or if you are like me and are not worried about cutting the factory wiring because you already have to cut up the black insert in the bumper, then you can just cut off the 5202 plug from the factory wires and then connect a rigid plug in place of the 5202 plug and then plug that straight into the rigid pods.

outside of needing a rigid plug and the OE mount bracket, all you will need is a box cutter, dremel, or some cutting device of your choice, to be able to cut out part of the black plastic insert in the bumper

All you will need is the GMC OE bracket and the ability to cut some wiring. You can go the same route that some have gone and get a 5202 to HID plug and then cut the HID plug off and connect a rigid connector in its place. Or if you are like me and are not worried about cutting the factory wiring because you already have to cut up the black insert in the bumper, then you can just cut off the 5202 plug from the factory wires and then connect a rigid plug in place of the 5202 plug and then plug that straight into the rigid pods.

outside of needing a rigid plug and the OE mount bracket, all you will need is a box cutter, dremel, or some cutting device of your choice, to be able to cut out part of the black plastic insert in the bumper

Just placed my order for these fogs and brackets. I'll try to get some pics of the stock fogs then the rigid's once they're installed! Can't wait! :thumbs:

Is there an alternative or a rigid copy that does a descent job? I want to do these but I don't have 3 bills to drop on them. Appreciate the help, they do look great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out the retrofit source. Spurtshot has gotten something similar from there but to my knowledge he still hasn't installed them.

I installed mine with the Rigid GMC mounts a few days ago. If you're on the fence, you should really consider getting them. I had the VLED's in there before and those were a joke when it came to actual useable light.

Pros:

Ease of install.

Good beam height so you're not blinding others.

Good amount of light output.

Cons:

They run a little cool so it will not match your OEM LED strip. My headlights are retrofitted with OEM ballasts, OEM 4300K bulbs, and Morimoto DS2 projectors. The Rigids make my headlights output look a little yellow.

I would not hesitate to recommend these. I do wish they were closer to 4300K but it's not a deal breaker to me.

Archived