just an old ranch truck...

jnations25

What's goin on guys I'm new here stationed in California and im fixing up my truck that I got off my grandmas ranch up in Idaho. Truck is a 93 Chevy ext cab long bed k2500 with a 454 and has only 70,xxx miles on it. I got it when it had 57,xxx and it hasn't let me down even a little bit. Just got flowmasters super 10s put on and new stereo because I couldn't hear the radio with the exhaust. Im working on the body as we speak and will be getting lifted 6in with 35s on 20s. I'm looking for tips to get more horsepower out of the choked up 454. The exhaust helped a little but need a lot more. Thanks and god bless

What's goin on guys I'm new here stationed in California and im fixing up my truck that I got off my grandmas ranch up in Idaho. Truck is a 93 Chevy ext cab long bed k2500 with a 454 and has only 70,xxx miles on it. I got it when it had 57,xxx and it hasn't let me down even a little bit. Just got flowmasters super 10s put on and new stereo because I couldn't hear the radio with the exhaust. Im working on the body as we speak and will be getting lifted 6in with 35s on 20s. I'm looking for tips to get more horsepower out of the choked up 454. The exhaust helped a little but need a lot more. Thanks and god bless

Depends on how deep you wanna dig into your wallet. but real power on that engine would start with a set of heads. Those peanut heads suck.

What kind of heads would you suggest? I only know minor motor stuff but I'm learning slowly more and more I did body work when I was younger for awhile. Made things look pretty but not fast ha

That year should have throttle body fuel injection, did you ditch the cat when you did the exhaust? A good tune up is a good place to start, filters, plugs, wires, cap..... I would start with all the pollution bs, headers, airbox, chip, and go from there

Welcome and thanks for your service :flag: Being stationed in Oceanside I would guess you're in the USMC or USN :thumbs: I spent four years in the USN eons ago :D

Edelbrock is about the only company who makes an intake manifold for your engine(p/n 3764),it should help with the hp.Not many companies make full length headers for it,I think Hedman makes a set.Comp Cams makes several cams for it,depends on where you want the power as to which one you want but always get new lifters along with the new cam.New valve springs will help some as well.

It all depends on how deep your wallet is.

Also,got any pics?

Archived