Installing decals suggestions

When I was truck shopping I fell in love with the look of the rally sport trucks, but waned the NHT/6.2 combo. I have the grill/trim/door handles ordered. Now I know the rally stripes are overpriced and maybe ricer-ish, but I think it completes the look. I plan on measuring and marking the edges with masking tape, and I've heard you can take a very very diluted soap solution and spray down the area lightly to help nudge the decal if it's out of place. I've never installed any vinyl decals before, can people give me suggestions/tips of the trade?

Ya you do the same basic things as installing tint. After cleaning the area you can spray a generous amount of soap and water on the area and maybe even soak the stripes in soap and water. This will allow you to move the decal around where ever you want and then use a squeegee or whatever you have to push all of the water out from under the decal. Just installing a small decal you don't need to do all of that, but with s big decal or anything being applied to paint you should use soap and water so you can move it in just the right place.

I will admit that I've never installed big decals, just window decals, but this is from what I've read and seen.

PlastiDip

I thought about taping off and using that, I saw pictures on here of someone do that and it looked great. My issue is all the jobs I've seen in person are a case of nice from far and far from nice after they are on there for some significant time. I'm not really into yearly or every other year having to strip it down and re-plastidip it.

Archived