Diablo Tune ?????

Can anybody confirm the claim that Diablo tunes can't be seen as long as the truck has been returned to stock? I really would like to change the dod and top speed limiter, just not sure if I willing to risk any warranty issues? I've talked to Diablo twice, and both times, was told that they hire ex GM engineers to assure they can't be seen. After tons of reading on here and other forums, I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. Also, has anybody had any major motor warranty claims that also had a canned/or custom tune?

They can see or "count" how many times it has been flashed. Any major drive train warranty repairs have to be approved by GM. Yeah, yeah I know that "buy law" GM has to prove that your tune was responsible for the warranty issue you may or may not have. But, in the mean time you are gonna have a truck sitting at the dealer or in your driveway. And who do you think have the best lawyers, you or GM? I want a tune badly but its not worth it for me. Wanna play you gotta pay. lol

They can see or "count" how many times it has been flashed. Any major drive train warranty repairs have to be approved by GM. Yeah, yeah I know that "buy law" GM has to prove that your tune was responsible for the warranty issue you may or may not have. But, in the mean time you are gonna have a truck sitting at the dealer or in your driveway. And who do you think have the best lawyers, you or GM? I want a tune badly but its not worth it for me. Wanna play you gotta pay. lol

Yeah, I hear ya. It makes me question though, why Diablo would blatantly make false claims.....

• 1 month later...

From what I read from Mike at Diablosports on another forum is that when thier tune is installed it does it in a way that it does not changer the flash counter. This is why it is not detectable. I myself cannot confirm this is actually the case or not. I have not read of any warranty claim denials from any tunes.

From what I read from Mike at Diablosports on another forum is that when thier tune is installed it does it in a way that it does not changer the flash counter. This is why it is not detectable. I myself cannot confirm this is actually the case or not. I have not read of any warranty claim denials from any tunes.

I've read the same stuff and have even spoke directly to Diablo on several occasions. It's a very bold claim and I hope it to be true. I just wish I could find some definitive info from somebody other than the company selling the product.

have a couple tech friends. went in and looked at and took a screen shot of what the data they turn in looked like.. flashed the computer with the diablo. went back in and looked at it all again and NOTHING changed. NOT ONE THING.. take that as you will.. im confident it wouldnt be found IF i had issues.

this isnt true.

this isnt true.

Then what tuner company gives you a written guarantee that GM can NEVER see if a tune has been installed or flashed back to stock?

Then what tuner company gives you a written guarantee that GM can NEVER see if a tune has been installed or flashed back to stock?

It has been proven that diablosport tuners do not trip the flash counter.

It has been proven that diablosport tuners do not trip the flash counter.

they also cant read my post where it says mine has been to a gm dealer and it hasnt been detected by their equipment they use to send data to GM.... but hey who am i? just a guy who owns a 15 and works at a gm dealer....

they also cant read my post where it says mine has been to a gm dealer and it hasnt been detected by their equipment they use to send data to GM.... but hey who am i? just a guy who owns a 15 and works at a gm dealer....

Blow the bottom end out of your engine and see if GM looks a little closer.

Blow the bottom end out of your engine and see if GM looks a little closer.

Blow the bottom out from just a tune? Highly doubtful...Maybe with a supercharger....But if an otherwise stock truck drops a crank or a rod on the road from just a tune, well, GM has some SERIOUS issues.

I have a 1992 Chevy that runs 15Lbs of boost with one rebuild to address oil usage. Keep RPMs reasonable you'll keep the bottom end intact. No tune is going to blow an engine, I've been using tunes forever, only lost a tranny my fault lead foot. You may blow a piston if you don't know what your doing that's rare too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived