'15 6.2 Air Cleaner Removable Inlet Cover

I put on an MIT after reading the BB test of different CAI systems. It did feel a bit more responsive and very little difference in sound. Once I opened the "bellmouth", it does have more intake sound. So spur, that brings me to a question for you. Have you tested this change with your Dashcommand and if so, what was the result? If I am reading your comments correctly, a basically stock engine with the air box modified could potentially make less power due to turbulent air in the intake? Not trying to start a fight here, just trying to learn something. It does seem that a restriction (such as the intake bellmouth) would or could cause a loss of power, especially at the top end. If not, why do CAI's all show an increase in HP according the dyno testing done by BB? I know there are a lot of variables in play here.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I cut all of the box out but only a small section of the pice that snaps in does sound a little louder

I cut the bottom knock out plug also. Then attached flex duct to the snorkel and ran down behind the bumper and the valance.

Archived