Oil consumption issues??

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new truck and the GMs seam the most appealing to me. I was just wondering if you guys have been experiencing any oil consumption on these new Ecotec 3 engines and how much mileage you all have on your trucks. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I searched and came up empty handed, thanks in advance.

I'm at 3500 miles since my last oil change, and still at the same spot on the dipstick as when I changed it. I'm only 5000 total miles so far though on my truck.

I have a 2011 Traverse with a direct injection engine, and I have to check it quite often, as it does consume oil. Probably a quart each 5000 miles. On my 2014 Silverado with 5.3, I was expecting something similar, but does not seem like it has used a drop. I have 12,000 miles on the truck now. Probably 5000 miles since the last oil change, and still shows full on the dipstick.

31,124 miles on my 6.2 liter 2014 Sierra. No issues with oil consumption at all.

31,124 miles on my 6.2 liter 2014 Sierra. No issues with oil consumption at all.

Thanks for the reply Bills, do you know if the 6.2 had AFM for 2014?

Good to hear that it still doesn't use oil at 35k.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I have a relevant question that may help the OP. My dipstick shows full about 4k miles ago. Now it shows about half way down the "normal" section of the dipstick. Any idea how much oil has been consumed? Is that a problem? I have about 11k miles on only '14 Silverado.

17,000 miles and no real oil consumption to report. Not any that's a concern anyway. My oil catch can is averaging about 1-2 oz of oil in it every 1,000 miles but I think that's to be expected regardless of engine type.

Archived