Are all LTZ's Z71's?

I have only had my LTZ for a week and absolutely love it. I have noticed that every other LTZ is usually listed as an LTZ Z71. Mine is not. It Is marked LTZ and has no Z71 logos anywhere. So is there a difference between an LTZ and a LTZ Z71? If so what are the differences other than the Z71 markings. The only thing I could find in the GM website doing a side by side comparison is $400 for the Z71 logo option.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regular LTZ are a 1LZ, Z71 LTZ are a 2LZ. Z71 is Rancho shocks, high capacity air filter, hill descent control, transfer case skid plate, Z82 trailering package, Z71 sill plates, Z71 instrument cluster, Z71 specific grille and Z71 decals.

Regular LTZ are a 1LZ, Z71 LTZ are a 2LZ. Z71 is Rancho shocks, high capacity air filter, hill descent control, transfer case skid plate, Z82 trailering package, Z71 sill plates, Z71 instrument cluster, Z71 specific grille and Z71 decals.

Thanks for the response. Kind of figured this out after reading another post on the HC edition. Fine with me as this truck wont be used off road. I do like having the 4 wheel drive if needed though.

"There's also no wood grain in Z71."

Yeah I could do without that myself. The wife likes it though and this LTZ has the power adjustable passenger seat that she wanted so all is good.

Thanks for the response. Kind of figured this out after reading another post on the HC edition. Fine with me as this truck wont be used off road. I do like having the 4 wheel drive if needed though.

"There's also no wood grain in Z71."

Yeah I could do without that myself. The wife likes it though and this LTZ has the power adjustable passenger seat that she wanted so all is good.

Honestly other than appearance, hill decent and Ranchos, there is nothing much different between them. It's not like it comes with a 2 inch taller suspension or anything amazing. It sure does help sell trucks though with a name that's been out since 1988.

Are there still a couple different front swaybars in the various configurations? On my 2008 Vmax, Z60(?) it had a slightly larger swaybar than a Z71.

What's the different between "Grade Braking" and "Hill Descent Control"? ALL models have Grade Braking.

What's the different between "Grade Braking" and "Hill Descent Control"? ALL models have Grade Bra

Powertrain grade braking is now included in all six-speed automatic transmissions. This feature reduces brake rotor temperatures 100 degrees Celsius on grade tests by downshifting transmission gears, thereby reducing brake applications on long downhill conditions.

Hill Descent Control (HDC) (option) allows a smooth and controlled hill descent in rough terrain without the driver needing to touch the brake pedal. When on, the vehicle will descend using the ABS brake system to control each wheel's speed

Also on the Z71 package it cost more if you want the decals and badge on the truck sides, luckily if you got the All Terrain on the Sierra there is no Z71 badge on the front fender, the only option you had was the Z71 sticker on the bedside if you wanted to pay the extra for it.

What's the different between "Grade Braking" and "Hill Descent Control"? ALL models have Grade Braking.

Hill descent control is sort of like a slow speed downhill cruise control that applies the brakes to maintain speed. It only works between 2 and 14 mph.

Cruise grade braking works at highway speed and uses engine/transmission to reduce speed increase above that set by cruise control.

Archived