Will BDS rear leaf springs soften up/break in?

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2015 at 7:36 PM, Payton34 said:

I have 1000 miles on my lift now and the rear has not loosened up at all. The rear springs are more like steal beams with no suspension movement at all. The ride is ok on a perfect flat newer good road surface but on anything else that's a little rough the ride is nearly unbearable. I just put about 300lbs in the bed and the rear suspension didn't drop at all. The ride is a little better but still sucks. I know the 35in tires are part of the rough ride since all 20inch 35s are E load range. Will these springs always be this firm?

Payton34 I saw that in 2015 you hated your rear leaf pack and was frustrated with your truck. I am guessing in 2016 it had gotten better once you had some professional work done to it. How is the ride now in 2020, if you still have the truck? I have a 2018 sierra and am looking to run the 6" BDS coil over with the rear glide leaf springs and want to make sure I will not be riding on "Steal Beams" like you mentioned in 2015. Thank you!

Payton34 I saw that in 2015 you hated your rear leaf pack and was frustrated with your truck. I am guessing in 2016 it had gotten better once you had some professional work done to it. How is the ride now in 2020, if you still have the truck? I have a 2018 sierra and am looking to run the 6" BDS coil over with the rear glide leaf springs and want to make sure I will not be riding on "Steal Beams" like you mentioned in 2015. Thank you!

The ride is much better now mostly because I got rid of the Mickey Thompson ATZ tires and switched to Toyo RT.  Also I unbolted the shocks just to see how stiff the springs were and they were actual very soft. I could bounce the rear easily so it’s the fox shocks that were extremely stiff. They have softened up to where the ride is pretty good.   If I had a 17 or 18in rim and more sidewall the ride would be even better. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/2/2015 at 12:36 PM, Payton34 said:

I have 1000 miles on my lift now and the rear has not loosened up at all. The rear springs are more like steal beams with no suspension movement at all. The ride is ok on a perfect flat newer good road surface but on anything else that's a little rough the ride is nearly unbearable. I just put about 300lbs in the bed and the rear suspension didn't drop at all. The ride is a little better but still sucks. I know the 35in tires are part of the rough ride since all 20inch 35s are E load range. Will these springs always be this firm?

Yes but the shocks may provide less dampening over time. 

• Like 1