Will BDS rear leaf springs soften up/break in?

I have 1000 miles on my lift now and the rear has not loosened up at all. The rear springs are more like steal beams with no suspension movement at all. The ride is ok on a perfect flat newer good road surface but on anything else that's a little rough the ride is nearly unbearable. I just put about 300lbs in the bed and the rear suspension didn't drop at all. The ride is a little better but still sucks. I know the 35in tires are part of the rough ride since all 20inch 35s are E load range. Will these springs always be this firm?

Steel dont work that way lol, they only eventually get more brittle and lose the flexibility (where you see old vehicles sag) the atoms starts to break apart and no longer holds themselves together. eventually bent to the shape it is forced in and crack.

Hmm that many springs, not sure if it will ever be factory ride quality.

And if you want you can just get the blocks. Cheaper and easier to install. I've had blocks for the past 90k on my lifted truck and no issues here, except wheel hop and axle wrap

• Like 1

It is actually 5 leafs not the 8-10. I got the replacement leaf springs because i hated the axle wrap I had on my old truck with a rancho lift had 5 inch blocks and add a leaf. I was told by 3 installers the replacement springs are the way to go and they weren't saying it to charge more labor because install price was same for blocks or leafs

• 2 weeks later...