• 3 months later...

Don't just root for the Raptors because they are from Toronto, they have some top notch players and are pretty competitive. I think they will make it to the second round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs this upcoming season.

Raps are 2 games out of first in the Eastern Conference, home court advantage if they meet the Cavs. Theme in the NBA is two experienced scoring guards and you have a chance.

Old school players are really beating-up on Steph Curry saying he would not have been as good in an earlier era, I disagree. Basketball was pretty hands-on in the Jordan era so let's go there. How tough and good was the Answer (Allen Iverson)? Curry compares with the Answer but is bigger, stronger, shoot just as good around the basket, has better handles, and blows Iverson away when shooting outside 18 ft. So how valid is the old school argument now that the sport is hands-off, in the hands-on era Curry would have just been a better Iverson.

Don't take this wrong I think steph is exceptional but back in the day he would be out with a lot more sprained ankles. Today's rules helps the shooter (so they don't come down on the defenders feet)

Ryan

Today's rules helps the shooter (so they don't come down on the defenders feet)

Not entirely accurate. A shooter can come down on a defenders feet while the defender is straight up and down, no foul either way. But if the defender walked into the shooter while in the air, yes that's a rule change because the shooter has to be able to land in a fairly straight-up shooting position. But if there is a weak spot on Curry, it's the ankles.

Archived