LED Headlight Mod Sierra 1500

This may have already been covered somewhere but I could not find what I was looking for.

I'm looking at installing the following LED headlights.

http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

Is there anyone who is running this set up to replace the stock 9012 bulbs? If so how are they so far, did you require any trimming? And we're you able to keep the stock dusk cap for the light housing?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading up on the HIDs I'm not sure about reliability.

I just installed LEDs to replace my stock fogs and they look great. Matchs perfect with the LED day time running lights.

I also have LED's in my fogs. I got the 5,000k LED's to match the HID's. I've had the HID's installed since October of last year. Zero issues. Great light output. I think you would be better off with HID's in the headlights rather than LED's.

I just put these in my truck last week. They've been great, 100 times better than stock or the led opt7's i had in before. Very easy to install, no trimming and everything fits with the cover on. Just have to make sure the led's are at the 3 and 9 position. I highly recommend them.

I just put the XenonDepot lights in as well. Super easy to install. They plug in directly and the extra wiring and the controller box fit inside the housing with the dust cover on. You just have to make sure you spread out the aluminum fins to dissipate the heat.

I haven't done much night driving but I can tell already they will be 100'x brighter. They also match the LED fogs very well.

+1 on the xenon depot led headlights. I called to talk to them about the bulb orientation and they asked me if I had the CANbus upgrade. When I confirmed that I did not see that option on the website they sent them to me for free. I have had the bulbs only installed for a week and they are much better than stock. No issues yet. I guess I'll add the CANbus upgrade when they come in just to be safe.

I just upgraded the fogs to the rigid SAE fogs and they are awesome. The two kits together really light things up and the temps match.

+1 on the xenon depot led headlights. I called to talk to them about the bulb orientation and they asked me if I had the CANbus upgrade. When I confirmed that I did not see that option on the website they sent them to me for free. I have had the bulbs only installed for a week and they are much better than stock. No issues yet. I guess I'll add the CANbus upgrade when they come in just to be safe.

I just upgraded the fogs to the rigid SAE fogs and they are awesome. The two kits together really light things up and the temps match.

Archived