Diablo vs. Blackbear?

So you are using the first Intune not the Intune2? I've read that the I2 has a faster processor, etc...but the instructions could still be an issue i guess. This is why I've been asking around, I don't want to get hung up with problems. I just want to download the tune and go...black bear seems to be getting the better reputation so far, although more expensive, but i guess you get what pay for.....even though the Diablo is cheaper but still expensive

I think Rob is using the i2, and what he was voicing were his issues with it. I will see tomorrow if I have some of the issues that he does. The i1000 worked great for me, so I don't anticipate a lot of surprises. Rob, I suggest that you hit the Diablo forum if you already haven't. Appreciate your input.

I'm curious Rob, what you see as a good alternative?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I tried but forum was not working the days I tried and haven't been back to see if it is working now.The phone support is a joke!Mine was telling me that PCM was not recognized to get intouch with Diablo and tried for two days but no go.Dont think I will chance messing up a new truck with it.I went through the same thing 2 years ago with them on my 2014.good luck

Yes I tried but forum was not working the days I tried and haven't been back to see if it is working now.The phone support is a joke!Mine was telling me that PCM was not recognized to get intouch with Diablo and tried for two days but no go.Dont think I will chance messing up a new truck with it.I went through the same thing 2 years ago with them on my 2014.good luck

I've never had a diablo or blackbear so I haven't really dealt with their customer services. I did PM Jennabear about buying an autocal and she responded within five hours. I also see that the Diablo forum is pretty active. But choosing either one because of phone support will not help the OP. This is from the Blackbear website...

CALL US: 877-809-4070 for sales support and general questions. Technical questions, build support, etc. cannot be answered over the phone at this time.

Our phone line is regularly available Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday 10am - 3pm PST. We are a very small company and must allocate specific blocks of time just for tuning purposes where a constantly ringing phone will be disruptive and detrimental to our final product.

Due to the nature of software support, we will not be able to provide any AutoCal or Scan Cable configuration/setup instruction over the phone. For those in need of that assistance, please contact us by email or by using the form below to schedule a time so that we may be able to connect to your computer.

Note: We only have one phone line and it will only ring on our end during the times listed above. If you call during support hours and do not get through, please try again at a later time or send us a message using the form below.

I've never had a diablo or blackbear so I haven't really dealt with their customer services. I did PM Jennabear about buying an autocal and she responded within five hours. I also see that the Diablo forum is pretty active. But choosing either one because of phone support will not help the OP. This is from the Blackbear website...

CALL US: 877-809-4070 for sales support and general questions. Technical questions, build support, etc. cannot be answered over the phone at this time.

Our phone line is regularly available Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday 10am - 3pm PST. We are a very small company and must allocate specific blocks of time just for tuning purposes where a constantly ringing phone will be disruptive and detrimental to our final product.

Due to the nature of software support, we will not be able to provide any AutoCal or Scan Cable configuration/setup instruction over the phone. For those in need of that assistance, please contact us by email or by using the form below to schedule a time so that we may be able to connect to your computer.

Note: We only have one phone line and it will only ring on our end during the times listed above. If you call during support hours and do not get through, please try again at a later time or send us a message using the form below.

I see what you are trying to say but Jenna has explained this in another thread. Black Bear by all accounts is a very small business, I think at most 3-4 people work there. They do not have the man power to constantly fill phone calls from across the US. Contacting them via email is much easier for them to handle and they are quick to respond throughout the week.

Diablo in the other hand is a large Business and probably employs at least 20x, as many people as Black Bear does. They have vastly more resources available to them so its understood when their customer service line offers poor support.

As far as the AutoCal its pretty easy, if you know how to plug your phone to your computer for an update its pretty much the same. Download and instal the free version of EFI Live software. Connect AutoCal, update files on AutoCal, and you are ready to log a run from your vehicle.

Diablosport's forum is back up and working for me and yes the support is awesome on the forums

So how did your tune go with the i2?

Sorry, just got home. It worked fine, I don't see what the problems are. It didn't need an update out of the box, I turned off the DOD, and loaded the 87 tune with firm shifts. Nothing more than that and it worked as expected. The truck drives much better. It is much faster than the previous iTunes unit. Very happy. I didn't do much initially, I wanted to see if the basic settings helped the transmission shifting problems, and it did. I'll report more later as I get into some of the more custom settings.

Sorry, just got home. It worked fine, I don't see what the problems are. It didn't need an update out of the box, I turned off the DOD, and loaded the 87 tune with firm shifts. Nothing more than that and it worked as expected. The truck drives much better. It is much faster than the previous iTunes unit. Very happy. I didn't do much initially, I wanted to see if the basic settings helped the transmission shifting problems, and it did. I'll report more later as I get into some of the more custom settings.

Are you planning to do a custom tune w DiabLew?

Archived