GM buy back program lemon law issues

hey guys im not sure if this is the correct spot for this topic if its not please move to the correct one!!

ok soo i biought my truck in late april 2015....in july i took it in for the first vibration issue. august took it back for a second time september took it back for the third time! service has advised me they dont have a fix for this issue but tried to road force balance and installed new tires after 8k miles..... still shakes very badly on highway!!!

i told the dealership i do not want this truck if this is going to happen every day to and from work...they agreed to talk to GM for me and came back a week later with GM agreed to do 4500 dollars in trade assistance....

i told them why do i have cover costs of sales tax fees registration linex bedliner window tint and redo my financing....when GM built a lemon!!

now GM is looking into it and the person im speaking with acknowledged i do not want trade assistance i want gm to fix the truck or put me in a new one......she said ill be in touch in a couple days.

what is my best course of action to take here???

any ideas?

thanks for the advise guys i cant beleive after 47k im dealing with this garbage!

Oh boy....welcome to many people's lives; mine included until about 2 months ago.

GM gives zero F's about customers; I say that from personal experience..if you choose to disagree, be my guest. With that said, I only got into a new truck for a small amount of coin due to my local dealer stepping up BIG TIME.

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck! I spent months going through the BS.. Ended up meeting with the regional rep who told me "ehh it doesn't vibrate as badly as some others I've driven"

I was offered $5K trade assist and was refused a buyback offer. I told him I thought I had grounds for a lemon law suit and he said if I chose to go that route trade assist was off the table and he would personally see it through to arbitration. ---Called my bluff pretty good, I don't want to put the effort into a legal case and by the time it would have been settled the usage fee for the miles I drive wouldn't have made it worth it.

Soo I ordered a 6.2L and 4 months later still wasn't in production. I'm not sure if I could have felt any less love from GM during the whole ordeal..

update 10-21-15.....regional rep has initially denied a msrp buy back for a different vehicle! he is allowing 4500 trade assist. and im instructed to contact my dealer and see what type of numbers they have for me!

i have apacket filled out for the BBB but now im scared if i go through it arbitration can say no and then i lose the trade assist.....

im stuck here guys any advise?

Good luck! I spent months going through the BS.. Ended up meeting with the regional rep who told me "ehh it doesn't vibrate as badly as some others I've driven"

I was offered $5K trade assist and was refused a buyback offer. I told him I thought I had grounds for a lemon law suit and he said if I chose to go that route trade assist was off the table and he would personally see it through to arbitration. ---Called my bluff pretty good, I don't want to put the effort into a legal case and by the time it would have been settled the usage fee for the miles I drive wouldn't have made it worth it.

Soo I ordered a 6.2L and 4 months later still wasn't in production. I'm not sure if I could have felt any less love from GM during the whole ordeal..

This is not reassuring [emoji17]

update 10-21-15.....regional rep has initially denied a msrp buy back for a different vehicle! he is allowing 4500 trade assist. and im instructed to contact my dealer and see what type of numbers they have for me!

i have apacket filled out for the BBB but now im scared if i go through it arbitration can say no and then i lose the trade assist.....

You still can go through lemon law....probably better off that route

I'd get the trade assist offer in writing.. If you go to arbitration and GM has already made an offer I imagine it would be hard for the arbitrator to decide you are due any less than that offer?? My issue is/was that if they do rule in your favor and GM is forced into the buyback the law (at lease in MA) says they can deduct value for miles driven (usage) which for me makes the whole excercise not worth the return... Usage charge is a calculation based on MSRP, so the more the truck costs the more the usage fee is per mile.

My truck is less than a year and a half old and I'm approaching 45K mi, so at about $0.50/mi thats almost half the value of the truck for me..

In most states when you buy or lease a vehicle, they give you the forms and a description of your state's Lemon Law. You do not need a lawyer. Educate yourself on the law, google it, check your state's website. Some states say the deduction is mileage to when you brought your truck in initially for your first repair for the defect.

Get all offers in writing. Don't believe GM, they do not have your best interests in mind. They have an arbitration program too, but your rights may not be protected. Do not fall for their tricks. They just want to sell trucks.

I'm sorry, I loved Chevy, I gave them every chance to repair, I bought many new Chevy's over the years. I liked my last truck ,an Avalanche, it served me well. Some minor issues but were happily repaired and everyone was professional. I was patient with this. After my 2015 Silverado spent weeks in the shop, suffering damage while at the dealer, after being told " there's nothing more we can do," they all do that", it operates as designed", it became evident they can't or won't fix the issues. I found their Customer assistance program is horrible. They say after replacing all sorts of parts, that were supposedly defective " they all do that" . This is for a safety defect. That is supposed to be acceptable?

Have you tried the buyback or lemon law route ?

I have only had the truck for exactly a week and three days... They just tried road forcing my tires to fix the vibe but it didn't. Idk, I drove it some more and it does feel like a tire imbalance, I looked at the weights and they all have weight on the inside of the wheel, none that I can see on the outer portion. Is it possible that they just aren't balancing the 22's right? I'm tempted to go to a good tire shop, and see what they say... It shakes really bad, then it doesn't, then it shakes really bad again, then it doesn't, it's like a repeating harmonical vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 650h1

I'm in the same boat and would like to see what others have received from GM. I have about 3800 miles on my 2015 Silverado LT CC with 5.3 engine. I also have 22" GM wheels on it. They have replaced 6 tires and 2 wheels. Very slight improvement but still shakes bad at times. They won't get off the wheels and tires being the problem and they say next step is to go to 20" wheels. It's been in 4 times already and the 5th time (20" wheels) will be my last. I have the lemon law paperwork and plan to try for buyback if it's not fixed. So tell us, what is the best deal I should expect?