Subtle exhaust for 15 6.2 crew cab

Wondering what catbacks other members have and enjoy. This truck is far too quiet for having a 6.2 v8. With that said, this is my daily driver and I enjoy the quality of the driving experience the LTZ Silverado provides. I have no cats and straight through magnaflow style muffler on my Camaro SS and while it sounds amazing, I am looking for nothing like that. I just want something that has a better rumble idling, sounds good when you open her up but does not come with annoying drone or loud interior resonance when cruising.

I have had three 2014s and tried every muffler combo there is including muffler delete with and without flapper and resonator, Maggie 14 inch, few different Flowmasters. I have finally settled on a Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 series. Cold start and under throttle sound moderately aggressive but not to the point of pissing your neighbors off. Sounds great while cruising with no drone at all. It was even fine when in V4 before I tuned it out. Now I know sound is a subjective thing but this is what I have found out. Corsa sound like a boat exhaust to me as well as being expensive. Borla sound great but then again mucho $$$. The smaller Maggies sound AWESOME but V4 chopper and drone is horrible. Now there are times in town I wish I had a little more sound from the 50 but overall I like it the best. I see from your other rides when you need to be heard you can. I have tried to make a video but it just doesn't do it justice on my iPhone. Good luck.

Emery I would save the $$$$$ and simply have a competent muffler shop cut out the OE muffler and flapper valve and replace with a Magnaflow 12909. With proper measuring and cutting no extra 3.5 inch tubing is needed. Great deep sound at startup and when you get on it. You won't be disappointed with it.

Emery I would save the $$$$$ and simply have a competent muffler shop cut out the OE muffler and flapper valve and replace with a Magnaflow 12909. With proper measuring and cutting no extra 3.5 inch tubing is needed. Great deep sound at startup and when you get on it. You won't be disappointed with it.

I have the same thing. 3.5" in and out, 22" case length and no flapper or resonator. No drone in cab with tailpipe run out underneath rear bumper.

If you really want a cheap option, just chop out the stock muffler and replace with piping (take out resonator and flapper also).

Or, like me, I will probably just chop out the stock muffler and replace it with a 14" maggie or borla ZR-1 muffler (take out resonator and flapper also). If you are that worried about the chopper sound, get a tune eventually and disregard the AFM.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 5.3L truck, I went with a Borla/GM Touring Exhaust and mated it with an Airaid MIT. There is no noticeable V4 drone.

I'm 95% happy with the sound quality (throaty rumble) and sound level (loudness), as I would like it to be a pinch louder. I'm sure that the same setup with the larger 6.2L engine would be perfect.

My MBRP sounds close to Silver Ice's setup with less rasp and its a cheap exhaust too. It's nice as it maintains the 3.5" single as I had no desire for dual pipes and trying to reuse the stock tailpipe is useless with it having the resonator..... plus lots of the these 6.2 trucks come with a 3" tailpipe and not 3.5" for whatever reason. I have no drone worth mentioning and about the only time you will ever hear anything is low speed in town if you let if shift from 4 to 8 constantly. So I just leave the trans in M7 for now and avoid that.

Figured I'd post my CORSA "boat sounding" system up on my new '15 6.2,no drone,and quiet when I need it to be,but aggressive when I want!....

BTW emery....I also have a 2011 Camaro SS LS3/6M....I did Kook's long tube headers and hi-flow cats along with a CORSA system on it as well,Its "a little" loud for sure,so I know what you mean when you say you want something a little tamer for your truck!

CORSA.MOV

CORSA.MOV

CORSA.MOV

CORSA.MOV

Archived