Borla Cat Back Dual Exhaust

I am considering getting the Borla Split Cat Back Exhaust system for my 2002 Envoy. Anyone have one? Good, Bad, Ugly? Anyone have any pros and cons for or against Borla?

Looking for some good info before I spend the money.

What do you all think?

Thanks   :eek:

Borlas exhaust no matter what you get is nice and raspy!  I think it sounds good.  As far as how it sounds on a V6 Im not sure.  Few other people that have Borla exhaust will post soon.  It is pretty pricey though.  I think Im gonna go with Borlas ProXS muffler and have true duals welded with an x-pipe.  Not sure how it will sound but Im hoping it will sound good.

Thanks for the input. Sierra5.3 just for the record, the Envoy has an I-6 not a V-6, but no big deal. I am sure it will be comparable as far as noise goes.

I am looking at this as a way to 1) get a little more horsepower 2)styling, 3) a nice tone without being too loud that my wife doesn't like it, she still wants the quite ride and 4) I hate the way the resonator looks hanging below my rear bumper. It was fine when it was black and new from the factory. But after this winter it is an ugly brown. I think the stainless steel side exits will look great and do away with the eyesoar. I realize it is pricey at about $765 delivered, but I look at it as it will out last the truck. And Borla has a great reputation and it is a quality dual system.

Any one else have any comments?

Thanks, I ordered it. The best price I could find on the internet was at www.performanceintl.com. About $760 delivered. Truckperformance is $862 delivered and forget about getting it direct from Borla it is over $1000 delivered. I will let everyone know how I make out once I get it installed.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will love the Borla product. My father has a Borla dual setup on his 85 Vette and man it is awesome. I went with Flowmaster on my truck because I like it loud and it was quite a bit cheaper- pinchin pennies right now. :D

Let us know how it turns out. :smash:

It was delivered to our shop today. Hope to get it installed by early next week. Just have to find some time to do it. I will let you know.

I am suprised I haven't gotten more feedback on this system from fellow Trailblazer / Envoy owners. The company I purchased my system from said it was very popular.

Archived