Rattle under headliner!?

This will be my second posting regarding quality issues of my new 2015 Silverado that I have owned for 7 months. The first issue being the warped dash piece that GM has yet to make a fix for.

Recently I've heard a rattle coming from around the sunroof, it almost sounds like a wiring harness is just bouncing around in there.

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe it only exists on models with a sunroof? I'll bring it to my dealer's attention next oil change.

This will be my second posting regarding quality issues of my new 2015 Silverado that I have owned for 7 months. The first issue being the warped dash piece that GM has yet to make a fix for.

Recently I've heard a rattle coming from around the sunroof, it almost sounds like a wiring harness is just bouncing around in there.

Anybody else have this problem? Maybe it only exists on models with a sunroof? I'll bring it to my dealer's attention next oil change.

Check the sun glass holder, there is a little black clip in it that really doesn't do much except rattle around and produce noise. I wrapped it up with some foam tape and has been good since.

• Like 2

Mine had the sun glass holder rattle. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it with a totally different one. The new one has a completely different mechanism that doesn't rattle at all.

• Like 1

Mine had the sun glass holder rattle. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it with a totally different one. The new one has a completely different mechanism that doesn't rattle at all.

Thanks good to know and will bring it up the next time i'm at the dealer.

And Ben if you tap on the little black clip it, at least for me, made the noise that was driving me crazy lol. So you should know right way if that is what is causing it.

• Like 1

My 2014 Sierra did this quite frequently and I found it to be the (not quite sure what its called) accordion shield between the sunroof glass and the inside frame. It has a lip where it attaches to the glass frame and the entire piece becomes detached and rattles around up there until you open the sunroof cover and pop it back into place. So fart the 2016 hasn't done the same. I'm not sure if this is whats causing your rattle but it's worth a look.

• Like 1

So I found the clip in the sun-glass holder and it does make a similar sound when I tap it with my finger. I couldn't get the noise to come back during my short commute on my lunch break.. It doesn't help that there are 45+MPH wind gusts today in Kansas so it is a bit more difficult to isolate interior noises. I noticed there is some grease of some-sort on the plastic clip. Maybe I moved it around enough to get some grease trapped behind it to "damped" the rattle.

More investigation shall continue later.

• 3 years later...

After several weeks i think i have confirmed that it is actually coming from the sunglasses holder.  When I put pressure on it it seems to stop or be reduced.  Tried to have my daughter scope it out for me while I was driving and the noise is such a drone, that it was hard to pinpoint exactly where it was coming from.  Next time I am at the dealership, i will mention to see if it can be fixed right away.  That is the most annoying sound while driving.