Wireless Charging Pad in 2016 Sierrra HD Console TOO SMALL!!

I installed a console lid from a 2016 Escalade since it is wider and will fit an iPhone 6 Plus. Had to modify the latch area a little bit, but otherwise, just unplug old lid and plug back into new one.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if you can backfit this console into a 2014-2015?

If you are referring to the Cadillac console then I think the answer is no. It integrates into the dash similar to the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban I believe.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The power of Android combined with the security of BlackBerry.

I installed a console lid from a 2016 Escalade since it is wider and will fit an iPhone 6 Plus. Had to modify the latch area a little bit, but otherwise, just unplug old lid and plug back into new one.

What about the latch did you have to modify? How much was the lid? Charging lid?

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The power of Android combined with the security of BlackBerry.

If you are referring to the Cadillac console then I think the answer is no. It integrates into the dash similar to the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban I believe.

I swapped the factory GMC lid for an Escalade Lid only. I did not swap the entire console. Did not modify the latch. Just part of the inner liner on the lid and the lower factory console where the latch catches.

I swapped the factory GMC lid for an Escalade Lid only. I did not swap the entire console. Did not modify the latch. Just part of the inner liner on the lid and the lower factory console where the latch catches.

What was the reason for the modification? What was the cost on the lid?

Does anyone know if you can backfit this console into a 2014-2015?

The base console is the same in the 2014, 15, and 16. I swapped a 2016 Escalade Lid into my 2016 Sierra Denali. I already had wireless charging from the factory, so I did not have to do any additional wiring. if you did not have it from the factory, you might need to pick up the wire harness as well.

What was the reason for the modification? What was the cost on the lid?

Latch assy and inner lid liner were a slight bit different so there was a little interference. Had to so some minor plastic trimming.

I did not pay for the Escalade Lid. The dealer I bought the truck from is a good friend of mine, so he wanted me to be happy with the truck and took car of the parts I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Do u know the part # of console lid from a 2016 Escalade

I was not given a part number from the dealer. You can go to a Cadillac dealer, get the VIN from a new Escalade that has the matching color console lid, and take it to the parts dept. They can look up the parts you need. I don't know how they sell them, but you will need the lid, the inner liner for the lid, and possibly the rubber tray where the phone sits. The parts dept will have a diagram of the console broken down to show you the individual parts. If you already have wireless charging, you will not need the module. You also do not need the hinge for the lid, they are the same.

Autoguy how much bigger is the Escalade charging pad?

Didn't measure it, but my 6 plus fits with a charging case, so that is all I was really concerned with. Not easy to measure either because it is tapered. Best be is to go to a Cadillac Dealer and look at one and test fit your phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you guys know the Samsung s5, s6, and s7 edge all fit the wireless charger. My s7 edge even fits with the low profile case on it but doesn't charge well with it. I was really excited about this feature but honestly I usually end up putting my phone in the channels in front of the usb/12v/120v outlets.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i just bought and installed one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/wireless-charging-charger-Silverado-FDMC-1270/dp/B00VU1FWO2

install was about an hour, was pretty easy. and it works great.

heres a pic of my install:

13312617_10157142281055713_5205878616366

also, bought it for only 150 on savinglots.com

Archived