Wireless Charging Pad in 2016 Sierrra HD Console TOO SMALL!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The galaxy s6 edge fits.

Have you tried taking off the rubber mat to see if it will gain you enough? I took mine off trying to get my phone to charge thinking the mat was to thick. Turns out the $4 wireless receiver from ebay was just junk.

It was pretty easy to remove, not to hard to put back in.

With all the issues I've had and am still having with my piece of junk 2015 2500HD, I'd be pleased as pie. If your truck doesn't turn the displays on and off, blow fuses and shut down as it see fit, has a transfer case noise, have it's bumper rusting, Back up camera which cuts out and gives errors which are not stored, have heated seats which only work part of the time. Oh wait, per deal truck is preforming as designed. If this is how they design them, makes sense your charging station is useless.

The galaxy s6 edge fits.

Have you tried taking off the rubber mat to see if it will gain you enough? I took mine off trying to get my phone to charge thinking the mat was to thick. Turns out the $4 wireless receiver from ebay was just junk.

Going out now to try that.

The galaxy s6 edge fits.

If you look at my pic, you will see it is not the mat, but the plastic trim bezel around it is too wide. I think GM can easily fix this issue if they made this outer trim piece narrower which would open the center dimension, and these larger phones will fit. They would just need to replace the trim bezel and the mat. The cutout on the console lid is large enough.

11143333_10208689237127469_7148835501577

Have you tried to charge your phone or are you just upset it doesn't sit flat?

Does not charge. If it at least worked, I would not be so upset about the way it fit, but it's useless as is. The phone needs to sit flat and does not or cannot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmm. [emoji848] Will a Cadillac console lid fit on the 2016 Silverado/Sierra console?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking into that myself. From what I can see, it looks like it might be interchangeable.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived