Wireless Charging Pad in 2016 Sierrra HD Console TOO SMALL!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: Yesterday I messed with this a bit and got it to work with my Motorola Moto Z Force. All I did was remove the rubber pad and rotate it 180 degrees. There is a little rubber nub that needs to be removed...no big deal. The only thing I need to do is make sure the phone is postilioned to the back of the pad and the thumb print reader is facing forward. Of course you still can't use a case but I don't anyway. The only other thing I might do is make a spacer to keep the phone from sliding forward off the sweet spot. My phone gained about 10% charge over the course of 2 twenty minute trips with an hour break in between and phone idle. Not super fast but acceptable. One other tip is to make sure NFC is turned on.

So did you even try a hammer? A hammer would have fixed I am sure.

haven't you heard that bigger is better

Yeah lol....My S6 edge fits fine but if I ever got a bigger phone I look at it like it was a free option anyway, better then having the same insert that dont charge anything and wireless charging is weak anyway....I always plug in unless I just want to top off.

Definitely charges faster plugged in but I like being able to just drop the phone on the pad to charge while I am driving. I have the extra snap on battery pack when I need to boost the phone. Nice thing is that will charge on the pad without the phone attached.

I guess we are all right in sense...even though I did get it to work and my phone does fit it IS rediculous with all the space on the top of console GM could have researched it little better and made the thing little larger and centered the actual charging pad beneath so ALL phones regardless of size would fit. Especially taking the fact that we just bought BIG truck and wouldn't they assume we have BIG phones!

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you just charge your phone like most people with a cord and a USB port instead of sounding like a brat? I have the wire less port and do just fine with a cord to charge my phone

You mean, why are we complaining that the wireless charging won't wirelessly charge our phones?

If your tailgate falls off, should we just tell you to STFU and tie your load down with straps like I do??? :freak:

:lol:

It's far from ruined my truck for me, it's just unfortunate I can't use a feature that they obviously intended for me to use. And advertise and promote like it is a selling point.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Galaxy S8 ( the regular not the plus) and it is too wide with my lifeproof cover to fit in the wireless charging pad. Without the case it does fit but is still kind of finicky about charging and has to be placed just so on the pad.... I put it on my wireless charger in my house with the case on and it charges fine.

That said I like Android auto and I do use it... so my phone is tethered via USB to the truck and charges that way anyhow. I am not taking my case off either.... the phone would be demolished in a couple days lol. Novel idea but they should have made the opening wider to make it actually useable.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a galaxy s7. as ibhave read from many others mine does not work in my 2017 2500hd. I did the mod of reversing the rubber pad and of 50 trys it might connect once or twice. I was even having trouble getting it to work with the pad removed completely with no case placed directly on the wireless charger. still would not connect. again maybe once out if 20 trys. sucks because it's a fast convenient idea. so has anyone heard of maybe a aftermarket replacement for the oem charger yet? Or any other mods? also what's s newer android phone if any that will work flawless with the charger if anyone knows? thanks!

I have a galaxy s7. as ibhave read from many others mine does not work in my 2017 2500hd. I did the mod of reversing the rubber pad and of 50 trys it might connect once or twice. I was even having trouble getting it to work with the pad removed completely with no case placed directly on the wireless charger. still would not connect. again maybe once out if 20 trys. sucks because it's a fast convenient idea. so has anyone heard of maybe a aftermarket replacement for the oem charger yet? Or any other mods? also what's s newer android phone if any that will work flawless with the charger if anyone knows? thanks!

Both my note 5 and my note 8 work very well

Archived