Creaking/Squeak when going over speed bumps

I am new to the forum but i just bought a 2014 Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 Z71, the truck has approximately 40,000 miles on it. Yesterday morning I went over a speed bump and this horrible creaking/squeaking noise happened, I go over about 4-5 on the way to work and it happened on all of them. When I left work that afternoon i went over the same speed bumps and the noise was gone. I had the same thing happen this morning as well. It is hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from but it has something to do with the flexing caused from the speed bumps.

The only variable I noticed which may/may not be causing this is it has been much colder the past 2 mornings (34-35 degrees). I have only had the truck for three weeks but this is the first time i have heard this. Any input on what could be causing this would be great, it is still under warranty but i feel like this is one of those things that a dealer will say they cant find anything wrong. Thanks

I just went through the same issues. went to the dealer they found 2 bulletins related to the noise #4216866 and #4086222. something to do with re torqueing

the suspension bolts. that didn't fix it so they removed the shocks and test drove. no noise. so they replaced the rear shocks. now no noise. hope this helps

• 6 months later...

My ranch is on a caliche road, so all the limestone dust gets in everything. Every so often, the rear springs will start squeaking and groaning going over bumps, and its debris between the rub pad on the middle spring and the top spring. There's a TSB about how to clean on that, but what I do is hammer a wooden wedge between the two to separate the pad and the spring a bit, run a towel in it to remove the dust, spray dry lube in there, and then remove the wedge. Takes about 5 minutes to do both sides and its quiet for another month or so depending on how often I have to go out to the ranch.

Hello Delta Hotel,

We regret to hear that you are currently experiencing this rattle concern in your dashboard, and understand your desires to have this addressed. We would be more than happy to assist you further if you choose to have this looked at by a GM dealership. Please send us a private message with more details if this is something that interests you.

All the best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

I have dash rattles and squeeks on a 2015 1500 CC 5.3 and it's beyond annoying. Same area or are your chassis ??
My truck just turned 13k miles.....

Archived