Chevrolet tire gauge

I know my new Silverado has TPMS, and I know it works well, but I like to have a handheld gauge for the good old fashioned human check.

With that being said, I'd like to know if anyone has found a Chevy tire gauge. I've found a red digital gauge, but would prefer a manual dial gauge or pencil gauge. If anybody has any leads, let me know!

Thank you for your time.

OK, that sounds like a plan. I've had a manual gauge for the Caddy for 7 years, and it works well, but hey, if there's better stuff out there, that works for me.

Thank you all for your imput :thumbs:

I bought a "Slime" gauge from Autozone. It's the regular dial gauge and it's been the best one I've had, even better than the digital gauges. The one I got thought has the double end so you can check the inside and outside tire on a dually or trailer. Don't need that feature, but it was the only dial gauge I could fine that also looked like it was somewhat durable and not cheap.

http://www.autozone.com/tire-repair-and-tire-wheel/tire-gauge/slime-10-160-psi-dual-head-dial-gauge-with-hose/487517_0_0/

I bought a "Slime" gauge from Autozone. It's the regular dial gauge and it's been the best one I've had, even better than the digital gauges. The one I got thought has the double end so you can check the inside and outside tire on a dually or trailer. Don't need that feature, but it was the only dial gauge I could fine that also looked like it was somewhat durable and not cheap.

http://www.autozone.com/tire-repair-and-tire-wheel/tire-gauge/slime-10-160-psi-dual-head-dial-gauge-with-hose/487517_0_0/

Cheap sometimes works. I have a cheap Slime gauge that has been in my gas door for the past 5 years

Cheap sometimes works. I have a cheap Slime gauge that has been in my gas door for the past 5 years

I didn't mean price wise, I mean cheaply made and I mean real cheap. I've had digital gauges not even last a year. So far that Slime dial gauge is the one that's lasted a good while and it wasn't expensive for what it is either. It's a dial gauge with a short hose up to the metal end piece which has 2 ends that you put to the valve stem. It's one made for dual wheels so you can check both the inside and outside tires. It also seems to be the most accurate out of the ones I've had. I used to check my tires everytime I filled up, but with the TPMS on my '14 I don't need to check them nearly as often.

Oh your talking pressure gauge, thought this was about tread depth gauge.

What I wanna know is why GM TPMS does not read temperature on the display? Because with aftermarket sensor reader/setter sensors do read the temperature of the tires.

Oh your talking pressure gauge, thought this was about tread depth gauge.

What I wanna know is why GM TPMS does not read temperature on the display? Because with aftermarket sensor reader/setter sensors do read the temperature of the tires.

No OEM TPMS displays temperature.

I can read temps off OEM Sensors with Handheld reader/sensor setter.

Truck display doesn't show the temps.

That's my point. No vehicles will show temperature. It doesn't support it and there's no way to make it do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I get my manual tire pressure gauges from my commercial tire dealer for free. Any time I want, I can pull in and get it checked for calibration. If it fails, they give me another one free. They better do this, considering the thousands of dollars I spend with them each year. But anyone can get a good gauge from a commercial tire dealer for low cost. Tire tread depth gauges free to anyone. Worth a try if one is in the market for a good tire pressure gauge.

Archived