Running Board LED Lights

Curious what power source they tapped into. This is a relatively easy mod to do so long as you have an idea of what wire to t tap.

F150leds.com sells a kit for fords but I see no reason why you couldn't use the same stuff on our trucks. The only application specific part of this kit is the instructions. All the hardware is pretty universal.

http://www.f150leds.com/led-steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tapped into the dome light circuit. Up on the A pillar. It's the thick gray wire on the 2014s. I tested it with a power probe and measured the voltage prior to tapping in. I grounded my leads to the airbag bracket on that same column.

Going to install floor lighting front and rear this weekend and a dimmer control to get the right level of lighting inside. Don't want it to be too bright.

982e13bc6b59a2d852295470ced352a4.jpg

Added something today. A dimmer to control the level of light for my running board LEDs and the interior floor lighting I just completed today. Have two more floor lights to install in the rear of the truck next weekend and all of this will be done!!

261d9b4b5612b80680406d81e5f37f60.jpg

Stuck it right on the BCM cover.

Next project LED headlight conversion.

• Like 1

Added something today. A dimmer to control the level of light for my running board LEDs and the interior floor lighting I just completed today. Have two more floor lights to install in the rear of the truck next weekend and all of this will be done!!

looks good

Would you mind taking a couple pictures of how you ran your wires for this when you're done with the rears. I plan on doing this very soon and already know where to tap into just curious of how you ran the wires so it doesn't look messy. Did you use a dimmer?

Floor lights at night.

97e4b9cc97497e9c2560407e1afac8d0.jpg

b31f02e5767af3bcd4da83adefe404bc.jpg

Edited by upgradde

Would you mind taking a couple pictures of how you ran your wires for this when you're done with the rears. I plan on doing this very soon and already know where to tap into just curious of how you ran the wires so it doesn't look messy. Did you use a dimmer?

Yep,

Going to knock out the rears Saturday morning. I used a dimmer as well to get the light level right. It was too bright for my taste without the dimmer.

Here's what I picked up for cheap. Works great!!!

Leegoal LEDwholesalers LED Strip Lights PWM Dimming Controller For LED Lights or Ribbon, 12 Volt 8/10 Amp, 3301 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L4KKF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_wHjAxbSJ4PGYA

• Like 1

Smart move. Can you tell me the part number for the dimmer you used?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the final product!

Got everything done today.

f9d3f50a96b4a0070c6928cd77824715.jpg

Rear lights glued to seat cooler. Ran wires under carpet over to the drivers side tied everything into the dimmer switch. Did the same thing on the passenger side and crossed over under the center console to bring all the connections together.

Edited by Smoothbassman

Smart move. Can you tell me the part number for the dimmer you used?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey did you tap into a wire under the dash for the power? And is it only on when the truck is unlocked or on all the time? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hey did you tap into a wire under the dash for the power? And is it only on when the truck is unlocked or on all the time? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

No. I tapped into dome light circuit in the front A Pillar. It's an earlier post in this thread about it.

c811031796ec4b883c7194b187f1f0d2.jpg

Threaded wire thru dash to a fuse then two two dimmers controls, one for the running board lights. The other to the floor lighting so I can control the light output.

Tested the lights with all the lights on and it only increased the load on that circuit by 0.5 Amps over stock. LED is so efficient it's crazy.

Can't wait to see it at night. Now I can find that kids toy in the backseat at night!!

• Like 3