Running Board LED Lights

Is there a chance the dome lighting wire or another lighting wire could be located in bundle of wires under the kick panel cover on the drivers side. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yes. It's down there. It's easier to access honestly on the A Pillar. 5 minute job to remove that panel and tap in sitting in the seat versus contorting on the floor trying to hook everything up.
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

When I did mine I tapped the interior dome lighting at the wiring harness on the drivers side under the dash. Now I am running hid so I turned my other exterior lighting off so I don't wear out my ballasts prematurely. So the only exterior lighting I have is my step bar lights. They alone put out plenty of light. 20160515_205908_zps2o4uuydc.jpg

Can you tell me more about where the dome light harness is and what color the wire is.

Can you tell me more about where the dome light harness is and what color the wire is.

The harness is up under the drivers side dash. Ill have to see of i can get up under there and take a look. I cannot remember what wire it was. I know there was anothwr post on here that i got the info from.

Take a look at this post. This has all the info I used.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/172674-footfootwell-lighting-color-match-wiring/?fromsearch=1

Edited by mjdxtreme
  • Like 1

Well, just got my lights installed today. Total cost of 40 bucks plus labor. They come on automatically with the key fob or when you open the door. They fade out when they turn off.

Can't wait to check them out tonight.

Door Closed

ba6b9e1f2623b3a771c60db54e0e0ea5.jpg

Door Open

a4bd7bee7a7ddb52ebcd39a7d2909c90.jpg

Clean install

1e522500cf8c77b3234fed16d471cd00.jpg

3d8f6da6161145a8f6f33296297cb621.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nice job I am also looking into mounting led lights to my running boards. Where did u pick up the power from. I want a nice clean install.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice job I am also looking into mounting led lights to my running boards. Where did u pick up the power from. I want a nice clean install.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's all in the thread. Start from the top of this thread and work your way back.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For led running board lighting i would assume you would not want to use the parking lighting as they would be on anytime your headlights are on and i believe most states have laws against underglow while driving.

• 2 months later...