question: There's a faint chattering noise when accelerating on th

THAT IS EXACTLY THE CHATTER I AM HAVING!!

Well you're not alone brother. I've driven a lot of these trucks and more than half do it! Definitely gets annoying, it's not too bad though.

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

Well you're not alone brother. I've driven a lot of these trucks and more than half do it! Definitely gets annoying, it's not too bad though.

Yeah, thats crazy man I cannot believe that! like sometimes i don't notice it, and others I do.Its like I'm looking for it now haha. I just hate it so much but love my truck even more haha. its really not bad, sometimes i wanna floor it right off a ****in bridge though haha.

Yeah, thats crazy man I cannot believe that! like sometimes i don't notice it, and others I do.Its like I'm looking for it now haha. I just hate it so much but love my truck even more haha. its really not bad, sometimes i wanna floor it right off a ****in bridge though haha.

Oh I know. I've noticed primarily I get the most chatter if the truck is coasting around 45-50 mph and I lightly am pressing the gas to keep speed, it will do it loudest. Then if I hit the gas it increases for a sec and goes away as the rpm increases, then if I slowly let off the gas it also will slowly start getting quieter. It correlates exactly with the gas pedal

Oh I know. I've noticed primarily I get the most chatter if the truck is coasting around 45-50 mph and I lightly am pressing the gas to keep speed, it will do it loudest. Then if I hit the gas it increases for a sec and goes away as the rpm increases, then if I slowly let off the gas it also will slowly start getting quieter. It correlates exactly with the gas pedal

YESSS!!! What could that be? my dude up in Ohio is a mechanic and he worked for a GM dealer for like 5 years. he said its the new system they came out with and it just makes more noise then some are use to. He said he thinks he remembers it being the DI (direct Injector)

YESSS!!! What could that be? my dude up in Ohio is a mechanic and he worked for a GM dealer for like 5 years. he said its the new system they came out with and it just makes more noise then some are use to. He said he thinks he remembers it being the DI (direct Injector)

I could definitely see that also being the culprit. These trucks sound more like diesels, they use direct injection so it's the same as a diesel in that respect which makes that clatter sound people aren't used to hearing from a gas motor. Definitely could be injectors, I'll mention that as well

I could definitely see that also being the culprit. These trucks sound more like diesels, they use direct injection so it's the same as a diesel in that respect which makes that clatter sound people aren't used to hearing from a gas motor. Definitely could be injectors, I'll mention that as well

I just read this on another forum! "The Direct Injection system is the cause, The rapid ticking noise on cold start up is the fuel pump (located on the rear of the left cylinder head) building up high fuel pressure. When the engine warm-up is completed, the high pressure fuel pump will continue to tick at a lower rate of approximately one tick per second during idle. The clicking sound is the fuel injectors pulsing on and off under higher fuel pressures. This sound is a normal characteristic of Direct Injection Fuel high pressure fuel system." and then i watched this video but i don't think the video is what we are experiencing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8P-KHximvs

I just read this on another forum! "The Direct Injection system is the cause, The rapid ticking noise on cold start up is the fuel pump (located on the rear of the left cylinder head) building up high fuel pressure. When the engine warm-up is completed, the high pressure fuel pump will continue to tick at a lower rate of approximately one tick per second during idle. The clicking sound is the fuel injectors pulsing on and off under higher fuel pressures. This sound is a normal characteristic of Direct Injection Fuel high pressure fuel system." and then i watched this video but i don't think the video is what we are experiencing, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8P-KHximvs

That sounds eerily similar to the chatter we experience.. That has to be it. Because it correlates with throttle, the problem is ours doesn't do that on just start up its almost constant when warmed up let alone during summer time 100 degree heat. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] shit I dunno if they will do anything about that because it is a characteristic of direct injection. But who knows, maybe it's a bad injector..

That sounds eerily similar to the chatter we experience.. That has to be it. Because it correlates with throttle, the problem is ours doesn't do that on just start up its almost constant when warmed up let alone during summer time 100 degree heat. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] shit I dunno if they will do anything about that because it is a characteristic of direct injection. But who knows, maybe it's a bad injector..

Yeah I don't know i am totally about to figure this out tomorrow for sure. ill be letting you know what happens!

Yeah I don't know i am totally about to figure this out tomorrow for sure. ill be letting you know what happens!

Hell yeah man. I definitely think it's an injector noise of some sort. Don't forget to let me know! I'll be looking into it as well

Hell yeah man. I definitely think it's an injector noise of some sort. Don't forget to let me know! I'll be looking into it as well

Yeah man i got you bud, tomorrow as soon as I get back from the dealer i will let you know!

• Like 1

This is exactly what I am experiencing! Thanks for the video.

My 2015 Sierra has this exact same sound. I'm pretty sure my 2010 Silverado did too.

The 2010 had to be something else, those were not direct injected. I'm pretty sure the chatter noise many of us have is the injectors, could be normal but maybe it's not.

I thought the sound was similar in both trucks, could be something different however.

The 2010 had to be something else, those were not direct injected. I'm pretty sure the chatter noise many of us have is the injectors, could be normal but maybe it's not.

My '15 has made this driver-side rattle/chatter/chirp since day 1. It will do it at idle when cold, especially when humid/wet, and at certain RPMs with just a tiny bit of acceleration. I've tracked it to the exhaust up by the manifold on the driver's side. No loaner I've been in does it. The problem is I can't get a dealership to figure it out or acknowledge it as a problem and replace the exhaust.