question: There's a faint chattering noise when accelerating on th

Watch this video or skip to 7:37. The stuff quiets this truck down significantly. According to the Lucas bottle, you could add up to 1.6 quarts of the stabilizer to 6.4 quarts of 0W-20 for a 20% concentration.

Yes I am having the same issue however I don’t really think of it as an issue. The engine is operating normally, it’s just a bit of an annoying loud design.

The only other thing I can think of that it might be is if you drive around in 4hi or 4auto all the time and eventually the front diff fluid broke down and you’re now hearing gear noise from the front differential.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Chevy has told me it's normal time and time again but now at 106K miles it got louder and this time when I dont hear it the check engine light remains off and give it about 30 miles later the ringing/Chattering gets louder and the check engine light comes on. Obviously theres a code being generated but some how no one knows what it is because the code is a rough idle code... its frustrating to say the least...

• 6 months later...

Good day,

Not sure if anyone is following this topic still however I had a very similar noise on the drivers side of my 2018 Yukon with 5.3. They changed the oil pump and the fuel lines (fuel line has a check valve that sometimes rattles) and on the 3rd visit to the shop the Tech started taking parts off and going for a drive to check for noise. He discovered it was the heat shield on the drivers side exhaust manifold that was making the noise. I took it for a drive while the shield was off and yep no noise anymore. He is putting back the heat shield and ordering a new which he'll change once in. So if the new one rattles then I will up date this post later but for now looks like my mystery is solved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cnghe said:

Hi, I believe I have the same issue. Can you confirm that replacing the heat shield resolved chatter/fluttering noise? 

I will post soon as the part just came in so they will be installing it in next day or two. Once I have a chance to drive it for a day or so I will let you know if it is for sure gone.

• 4 weeks later...
Problem is fixed now!!! No more fluttering noise. Get the Range AFM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain what you mean by this please, did you have it serviced and if so what was done to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18-NA-349: Ticking Noise Inside Vehicle While Driving

Condition

Some customers may comment a noise that may be described as a spark, knock, detonation, tick or an exhaust may be heard when driving the vehicle. The noise will be most pronounced near the driver’s side footwell area. This noise will not be observed outside of the vehicle.

Cause

The cause of the condition may be that the steering shaft seal was incorrectly connected.

Correction

Remove and reattach the steering shaft seal.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...