question: There's a faint chattering noise when accelerating on th

My '15 has made this driver-side rattle/chatter/chirp since day 1. It will do it at idle when cold, especially when humid/wet, and at certain RPMs with just a tiny bit of acceleration. I've tracked it to the exhaust up by the manifold on the driver's side. No loaner I've been in does it. The problem is I can't get a dealership to figure it out or acknowledge it as a problem and replace the exhaust.

Well that's no good. I don't feel like it's exhaust on mine, it only does it with throttle at certain rpm and coasting ranges. It doesn't do it on idle, the video posted earlier in here does the exact sound you are speaking of at the same times, are you sure it's not the fuel system?

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

Well that's no good. I don't feel like it's exhaust on mine, it only does it with throttle at certain rpm and coasting ranges. It doesn't do it on idle, the video posted earlier in here does the exact sound you are speaking of at the same times, are you sure it's not the fuel system?

I listened to the video, and it sounds very similar to me. What I hear comes right up through the driver side floorboard, and you can hear it perfectly in the driver front wheel well. It looks like there's a cat or resonator right off the manifold at the Y-pipe, and pressing on it causes the noise to stop.

It is not an actual problem, but it is annoying given how quiet the truck is overall. I might just get a quote from the dealer to change it and the Y-pipe and pay out of pocket to avoid more of the "leave it with us, oh, we couldn't isolate it this morning, we'll try again tomorrow morning" to this point.

I listened to the video, and it sounds very similar to me. What I hear comes right up through the driver side floorboard, and you can hear it perfectly in the driver front wheel well. It looks like there's a cat or resonator right off the manifold at the Y-pipe, and pressing on it causes the noise to stop.

It is not an actual problem, but it is annoying given how quiet the truck is overall. I might just get a quote from the dealer to change it and the Y-pipe and pay out of pocket to avoid more of the "leave it with us, oh, we couldn't isolate it this morning, we'll try again tomorrow morning" to this point.

I gotcha. Yeah mine seems to be right behind the driver side dash panel where the driver side vent is. I can't isolate that with the truck parked because it only makes the sound at certain speeds and rpm and only if the throttle is pressed. Weird

Hell yeah man. I definitely think it's an injector noise of some sort. Don't forget to let me know! I'll be looking into it as well

well man I just got back and they couldn't tell me anything. I don't know what to do, Im honestly about to buy a ****ing magna flow exhaust and hope that covers up the noise. Its just becoming to much for me and i am soooo over hearing that crap. ITS NOT NORMAL or all GMC trucks would make this noise every single second it was running.

well man I just got back and they couldn't tell me anything. I don't know what to do, Im honestly about to buy a ****ing magna flow exhaust and hope that covers up the noise. Its just becoming to much for me and i am soooo over hearing that crap. ITS NOT NORMAL or all GMC trucks would make this noise every single second it was running.

Damn. Sorry to hear. That's the problem though, this is so common that it is almost normal. You just will see a few trucks that are a bit quieter. I am extremely picky, I can tell you are similar to me and I've driven several other brand new sierras and like I said, most of them made the exact noise and sometimes even worse. My 2015 and one other were the only trucks I didn't notice that sound in. AND my 2015 did do it, but barely ever. Maybe a few times

Edited by MOhunter92

Damn. Sorry to hear. That's the problem though, this is so common that it is almost normal. You just will see a few trucks that are a bit quieter. I am extremely picky, I can tell you are similar to me and I've driven several other brand new sierras and like I said, most of them made the exact noise and sometimes even worse. My 2015 and one other were the only trucks I didn't notice that sound in. AND my 2015 did do it, but barely ever. Maybe a few times

sucks man! Do you think a magna flow exhaust will cover up the noise?

sucks man! Do you think a magna flow exhaust will cover up the noise?

If you get a full exhaust it will either

1. eliminate the issue if it is in the exhaust (I don't think it is)

2. Drown out the chatter and you won't even hear it because the new exhaust will be louder

If you get a full exhaust it will either

1. eliminate the issue if it is in the exhaust (I don't think it is)

2. Drown out the chatter and you won't even hear it because the new exhaust will be louder

I honestly think I will be happier with a louder exhaust man, I am over this chatter man. It makes me feel like i am driving around a cheap truck.

I honestly think I will be happier with a louder exhaust man, I am over this chatter man. It makes me feel like i am driving around a cheap truck.

Don't say that! You gotta remember it is direct injected man. Have you ever driven a diesel truck? Half the sound you hear is compression in the motor but also the injectors, it's not as quiet as a regular gas motor they have noise to them

Don't say that! You gotta remember it is direct injected man. Have you ever driven a diesel truck? Half the sound you hear is compression in the motor but also the injectors, it's not as quiet as a regular gas motor they have noise to them

Yeah I suppose you are right, maybe once I get the exhaust system it won't really come to mind anymore aye?

Yeah I suppose you are right, maybe once I get the exhaust system it won't really come to mind anymore aye?

I highly doubt you will hear it after exhaust, just gotta remember there are no direct injected gas trucks besides ours! Only diesels and you know how they sound, (clack clack clack clack) and part of that noise is injectors. No worries [emoji51] we just aren't used to that. I'm still digging into it but I'm definitely not too upset either

Edited by MOhunter92

I highly doubt you will hear it after exhaust, just gotta remember there are no direct injected gas trucks besides ours! Only diesels and you know how they sound, (clack clack clack clack) and part of that noise is injectors. No worries [emoji51] we just aren't used to that. I'm still digging into it but I'm definitely not too upset either

yeah we will figure this out haha! anything new let me know

For real, these trucks are sick. Hands down best truck out right now. Yeah the tin can fords suck, I really hope gm doesn't go full aluminum. Fiat Ram is what it's called now they aren't American anymore, and those have looked the same since like 2008-09! These fords are just delicate. I've seen so many where body panels rip, just is too soft 76cb66b622f8360735cb22dc38921607.jpg1d13bda65e9c1ab279d6ec2620378b3b.jpg

Good Lord that's bad!