Tonneau cover advice

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a tonneau cover for my 2016 SILVERADO C/C 6.5' box and would like to have one that is on the inner side of box, Do you have any suggestions on what make is your favorite?

Thanks for reading...... GH

Are you looking for roll up (soft or armoured) or flip up? I am in the market and researching them for my cc 6.5 as well. I really like the bak revolver x2,the sides lock in place rather than securing with velcro like the truxedo titanium. But as far as a non armoured roller, i like the truxedo low pro qt. The folders are out of the question for me.. i need to haul a dirt bike and dont want to have to either remove the cover or have it flipped up at the front and lose the ability to look through the window while driving..

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a tonneau cover for my 2016 SILVERADO C/C 6.5' box and would like to have one that is on the inner side of box, Do you have any suggestions on what make is your favorite?

Thanks for reading...... GH

I personally like the tri-folding Undercover Flex. Had one on my 03 Silverado and it could support my weight and I loved the wire release latch.

If I can sell the tri-folding chevy hardtop tonneau cover that came with my LTZ, I'll buy the Undercover Flex again.

I have had mine for nearly a year. I have the F1, which is supposed to be their "best" folding cover. First problem with them is they are actually about an inch too short. The gaskets at the front and rear barely touch the tailgate and the front of the bed. I have already had to have them replaced once and they are coming loose again. The mounting bolts that are at the front turned into a ball of rust in under 6 months. Replaced under warranty and the new ones are starting to rust. The "Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer" has started to show the fiber, and has developed some very small cracks near the mounting bolts. The bottom aluminum panels have begun to sag on the 2 closest to the tailgate. Even with the gaskets in place, it is nowhere near 100% weatherproof like they claim. The warranty department did not ship the replacement parts on my first claim, it took a second call after waiting about 2 weeks to find out that they literally forgot to ship it.

The truck just turned 1 year old and only has a little over 4000 miles on it. The cover itself has only been opened MAYBE 10 times with 2 of them being opened all the way to the cab. I didn't pay $1300.00 for a cover and the Bakbox to have these kind of problems.

Glad you like yours and I hope you don't have any problems with it. :thumbs:

I installed a bakflip mx4 about a month ago. I love it. Security was my main concern when picking out a cover. This one was the most secure hard folding flush cover, in my humble opinion. It has a different matte black finish on it, not that shiny fiberglass finish, so I'm assuming the weathering won't be an issue.

Can't speak on the water tightness yet, but that wasn't a huge concern for me. I don't put anything back there that will vaporize if a drop of water gets on it. Just wanted to secure luggage, baseball equipment, groceries, and that kind of stuff.

Other reason I picked it was because you can close the tailgate without opening the cover.

I have noticed that other bakflip covers do have the hardware rust that muddkatt mentioned. Other than that, I haven't had any negative impressions on the product. I had undercover flex on my last truck. I like it and they had real good customer service. The mx4 does seem much more solid though, and I like the mounting rails way better.

I have a bakflip g2? Ill rate it 7.5, 10. The rusting hardware is a disappointment. But i live in the snow belt and its seen 5 years and 90,000 miles. I also had the front latch rip off. But it have not been gentle with this cover. Also at the time there wasnt may options like it that would fold up to the rear window

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I chose a ARP hardcover for 1) lockable, 2)waterproof 3) provides and extra 1-2 inches of room 4) supports 500 lbs on top which we have used to support a couple of chairs and a cooler :-) 5) matches hood shape and color

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Avoid Bakflip!

Agreed.

My main gripe is whenever the temperature gets below freezing, it is difficult to roll up and down. The colder it is, the worse it gets. Also, I've had mine for 2 years now and all in all, I've probably only actually opened and closed it a few dozen times, yesterday I had to really yank on the release cord to get it to unlatch - I thought I was going to pull it apart I had to pull so hard.

I spent over $1200 on this figuring it would last the life of the truck - which I plan to hang onto for at least 10 more years - but if it lasts another year or two, I will be surprised - and I feel pretty sure that if I used it a few times a week, it would not last another year.

Are you looking for roll up (soft or armoured) or flip up? I am in the market and researching them for my cc 6.5 as well. I really like the bak revolver x2,the sides lock in place rather than securing with velcro like the truxedo titanium. But as far as a non armoured roller, i like the truxedo low pro qt. The folders are out of the question for me.. i need to haul a dirt bike and dont want to have to either remove the cover or have it flipped up at the front and lose the ability to look through the window while driving..

I had the revolver x2 and I liked it but in the winter it would freeze to my tailgate and I couldn't get my gate open. I ended up selling mine. Not because of the freezing but because I decided to buy a ARE Z series topper instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived