Hey everyone,

So I made this account after reading thread after thread about the Intellilink system issues that people have been having. I literally JUST bought my 2014 GMC Sierra TODAY!

The dealership I purchased it from is about 1.5hrs from my house and about halfway through the drive on the way home from the dealership, the touchscreen would not respond. It still would show volume and change the song title when I used the buttons, but when I tried pressing any of the touchscreen icons to do anything nothing would happen. On a rare occasion, it would lag and think I'm pressing it when I'm not.

I got back home and immediately called GM Support. They had me "refresh" the radio, which was just turning off the truck for 5 minutes and turning it back on. It worked after that.

However, about 2 hours later, I'm back with the same issues. It happens randomly when driving. VERY VERY frustrating. Has anyone experienced this?? I am not having any blackouts (yet, thank God), but just having issues with trying to press the icons on the screen and them not responding.

ANY and ALL feedback would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

Adam

So just a quick update: I took it out again last night to drive and decided I would turn off the screen and see what happens. The manual says that if you turn off the screen, any touch will re-activate it. Sure enough, when I turned it off, about 10-15 seconds later it came back on, thinking I was pressing a button. I narrowed it down to find that the place that the screen thinks I am touching it is on the left side, near the middle of the screen. Hoping that since I am still under warranty, the dealership will just replace the screen and touch sensors.

• 3 years later...

I just purchased a 2018 GMC Terrain and the same thing is happening with my touchscreen. It’s very infrequent, maybe once every two weeks but frustrating. I needed to use the Apple CarPlay in order to have the Maps appear on the car monitor but couldn’t get the touch screen to respond.  I couldn’t even get the radio to play. I kept plugging my phone in and out using the USB port and suddenly, the touch screen started working. Very frustrating.