Truck wont start, only certain accessories get power

Let me start with the beginning of when this all began, 3 nights ago I removed a power wire circuit breaker that was in-line to my sub amp, I connected the sub power terminal directly to my battery (dangerous move I know) 2 nights ago I removed and re-twirled my remote power wire and re-inserted it into the amp
Yesterday when leaving work I finally heard my sub kick on for the first time in a month, this morning I tried to crank my truck and it would make a subtle click and nothing else, no power to my instrument panel, radio no nothing. I replaced the battery today and had no luck after, and there wasnt even a "click" after trying to start the truck. So I removed and re-inserted some fuses on all 3 fuse blocks on the truck and when trying to crank, I can hear the entire dash for the most part gets power except radio, and instrument panel. We ran a voltage tester for all fuses except the larger silver ones, so we swapped the silver ones around to see if it helped and had no luck. I will list the accessories that do not work vs which ones do.
Accessories that DONT work

1. Horn
  2. Radio or Instrument Panel Dash Lights
  3. Starter
  4. Power Windows

Accessories that DO work

1. Overhead lights
  2. Keys lock and unlock truck

I'm thinking its some sort of accessory power wire short or something but I wanted to get 2nd opinions. 

21 minutes ago, covrt said:

Let me start with the beginning of when this all began, 3 nights ago I removed a power wire circuit breaker that was in-line to my sub amp, I connected the sub power terminal directly to my battery (dangerous move I know) 2 nights ago I removed and re-twirled my remote power wire and re-inserted it into the amp
Yesterday when leaving work I finally heard my sub kick on for the first time in a month, this morning I tried to crank my truck and it would make a subtle click and nothing else, no power to my instrument panel, radio no nothing. I replaced the battery today and had no luck after, and there wasnt even a "click" after trying to start the truck. So I removed and re-inserted some fuses on all 3 fuse blocks on the truck and when trying to crank, I can hear the entire dash for the most part gets power except radio, and instrument panel. We ran a voltage tester for all fuses except the larger silver ones, so we swapped the silver ones around to see if it helped and had no luck. I will list the accessories that do not work vs which ones do.
Accessories that DONT work

1. Horn
  2. Radio or Instrument Panel Dash Lights
  3. Starter
  4. Power Windows

Accessories that DO work

1. Overhead lights
  2. Keys lock and unlock truck

I'm thinking its some sort of accessory power wire short or something but I wanted to get 2nd opinions. 

Welcome to the site.

Thinking you might have damaged your BCM, or ECU, the electronics are very finicky in the new trucks.

You can destroy either one by not doing the proper steps while jump starting another car.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have a fix ? Just swapped my cam. Put whole truck back together and exact same symptoms above. 

No horn no dash lights. Wont turn over. Even remote start fails.

Only 1 headlight turns on. Opposite side blinker works other doesnt. Driver side mirror light doesnt turn on. Passenger side does. Interior dome lights turn on once key is removed. Dome lights dont activate when door is opened. 

No clue where to start

Issue is the mega fuses. Likely the 175A on the battery head thats feeding the cable which runs from battery to the other side.

Replace that  should have it all back to normal

16358754972055255542549593548630.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2020 at 8:33 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Welcome to the site.

Thinking you might have damaged your BCM, or ECU, the electronics are very finicky in the new trucks.

You can destroy either one by not doing the proper steps while jump starting another car.

I assume that your talking about the standard jump starting procedures, but maybe you know something I don't? Is there any special instructions to avoid damaging the computers on the newer Chevy rigs?

What steps do you take in a jump start? Does it involve bendy straws?

2 hours ago, DeePa said:

Where can a replacement for this be found? Mines a 17 5.3 Sierra and it’s starting to show some stupidity that goes away after moving battery cables around. 

Moving cables around? You mean twisting the terminals back and fourth by hand? If so, then:

If you move the cables at all by hand, they are too loose.

If you can not move them by hand, you could still have a bad connection.

4 minutes ago, Supreme Pizza said:

I assume that your talking about the standard jump starting procedures, but maybe you know something I don't? Is there any special instructions to avoid damaging the computers on the newer Chevy rigs?

What steps do you take in a jump start? Does it involve bendy straws?

Yes, that is how I do it. How did you know?

No owner's manual needed for you, well, you probably wrote it......

11 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Yes, that is how I do it. How did you know?

No owner's manual needed for you, well, you probably wrote it......

There may be something that I do not know about the newer Chevys jump start procedures.

You said that you have heard of improper jump start procedures damaging the computers.

What was the cause? Bumpers touching? Improperly attached jumper cables?

Is it something strait forward like that, or is there something specific on the newer Chevys that you have heard about?

Like having the headlights on, or having the engine revved up or something?

thumb_156296078_4247666895264917_6184494