Grounding accessories to Body or Frame

Ronjon

I'm going to be mounting one of those 10.6cfm twin piston air compressors (maxi trac, morrflate, stop n go, thor) inside my cab for onboard air. My question is can I ground it to the body, should I run a bulk head and wire to the frame, or run it with the positive back to the bay and ground out on the frame there?

It has a 90Amp peak draw and I'll be running 6 AWG wire, it will be fused and run through a switch box to a 200a relay. I know in the past people will ground winches to the frame or body, but with all the computer stuff going on I've got this concern on the back of my head.

2020 1500 Silverado LM2

Follow up question for anyone here. If I make a separate negative terminal block for ground. From where do I pull from? I understand pulling straight from the neg battery terminal can be a no no due to the voltage sensing equipment for charging being circumvented. If someone can identify where that is in the Duramax engine bay I would be appreciative and I'll post follow up photos when I add a bus bar. I plan on running 2AWG from it to the passenger wheel well for accessories.

56 minutes ago, cwtech said:

I suggest grounding to the engine block is more desirable than grounding to the frame or body.

A buddy of mine that builds engines suggested the same! I think that's my best route to be as safe as possible.