DiabloSport's inTune i2 Performance Programmer - i2030 - Adjustabl

Looking to start a list of anyone running DiabloSport's inTune i2 Performance Programmer - i2030.

Curious to know what others have done/ tried and what results they have received.

There seems to be NO definitive list anywhere that shows all the Adjustable Parameters...

So I would like to start one!

The settings I have used on my 2016 Silverado 5.3L 6 speed Auto w/ 3.42 gears are,

87 octane Performance tune.

Firm Shift Transmission tune - ON

DOD (AFM )- OFF

TORQUE Management - OFF

Throttle boost - (range is 0-25% ) I have it set at 3%, *Curious to know if anyone else has messed with this setting?

Adjusted + 50rpm in gear and + 50rpm in neutral and park.

*Running K&N Black Hawk Series CAI, w/ stock exhaust. (Have a full Banks Performance Stainless Steel cat back in garage, waiting for free time and good weather to install)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how is it running since you did all of that? I can't decide between Hypertech, Diablo, or Blackbear.

Excellent. Im very happy so far. I had issues with the truck going from V4 to V8 in traffic, (at around 25~35mph) The truck would almost stumble, looking for the right gear. After the tune a lot better driving experience.

What made you choose Diablo.... seems everyone here loves the blackbear....

I traded in my 05 Silverado Z71, for a new 2016 Silverado Z71, W/ 5.3L. I was able to UN-Marry my old truck and use this tuner for my new 2016.

Funny cause everyone likes the Diablo Sport tuner on different forums, that's where I got most of the info a year or so ago before I found this forum... different forums, different products i guess???

http://www.silveradosierra.com/engine/

Despite the afm, how is the firmer shifting? Really noticeable?

I have only used the firm shifting tune option, I heard that the Hard shift setting is a little too much but some people like that.

On the firm tune setting on my 2016 you can tell a slight increase in shift pressure for sure. It does not "slam" into gear but it does shift a lot quicker. Also the RPM's rev higher between shifts so the shifts are more noticeable. So far I like it.

After a few thousand or so miles and a few months from now ill try the Hard Shift and 93 Octane tune just to see...But with only 2k Miles on my new truck I'm not looking to beat on her just yet...

I have a 2015 silverado 5.3 6-speed 4x4 and 3.42 rear.

So far, I'm not all that impressed with my diablo tuner. It IS better than stock, but I just had higher expectations. Here are my current settings

87 octane tune

Hard Shift TCM tune

+5 part throttle shift pressure on all gears

+8 full throttle shift pressure on all gears

AFM ON

Torque Management OFF

Throttle boost - 0

Some things I've discovered through posting on the diable forums is that the TCM tunes are all essentially the same aside from the shift pressure. So, in theory, raising the "Firm Shift" program shift pressure high enough will be equivalent to the "Hard Shift" program. The 87 octane ECM tune does not change the spark advance tables from stock. Both the 87 and 91 ECM tunes already have throttle boost built in. So, any value above zero is in addition to that.

The tuner is setup to allow you to have different settings for the TCM when in "Sport" or "Tow/Haul". This feature did not seem to work for me. I tried to set mine up to have higher WOT shift points in tow/haul... didn't work.

Additionally, I first started with a little throttle boost and it seemed to adversely affect the shift pattern. I might try it again to see if I can get to the "sweet spot".

I noticed that the 1-2 shift is mushy and not firm, hard, or otherwise anywhere near what I expected. It's slow and not any different than stock in my opinion. The 2-3 shift is way to hard no matter the program. It's kind of ridiculous. Shifts are still really slow between all gears and, no matter the setting, it still pulls a bunch of timing out when shifting so it feels like you let off the gas and then are back on it.

Final verdict? It's definately better than stock and having the ability to customize is nice. My last truck was a 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 4x4 with the 3.92 rear and I had it programmed with a superchips programmer. That thing would rip through the gears and set you back in your seat. Huge, and I mean, really huge improvement over stock. With my silverado and diablo, it's pretty subtle compared to that. I think Diablo kind of phoned it in. I'm told that most people with the Diablew custom tunes are happy, but that's an additional 150 dollars on top of the investment for the i2030.

I'm probably going to try the following this weekend or soon and see if it's any better. My hope is to smooth out that 2-3 shift and make it match the others while making the others more firm. Additionally, play with the throttle boost to see if I can make it feel like I don't have to put it to the floor to go anywhere.

87 octane tune

Firm Shift TCM tune

2-3 shift

+0 part throttle shift pressure on all gears

+0 full throttle shift pressure on all gears

All other gears

+10 part throttle shift pressure on all gears

+12 full throttle shift pressure on all gears

AFM ON

Torque Management OFF

Throttle boost +12

I'm not sure what some of the settings are like torque management but it sounds like I want that turned off along with AFM, stabilitrack and any other thing that's wants to control my truck.

Does the 87 tune automatically change shift points

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Also can someone tell me if this tuner has the ability to update over WiFi without the need of computer?

Please I am asking for a little help. I have a 2016 silverado 5.3 z71 I also bought this

diablo i230. I understand how to tune and have got my truck tuned like I like it with the exception of I have no quick adjusting perimeters menu. I want to shut off ESP ( ABS, stabilitrack and traction control ) I just need to know if you guys have the quick adjusting perimeters menu or if they are not available for our trucks

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57e8abcbf2a61/Screenshot_20160926-000129.png?

Tech support finally got back to me and no apparently those features are not available to our trucks. Hmm I'm going to disable my esp via toggle. Not sure if I will keep the diablo

My diablo will be delivered today. I'm hoping to get rid of the lag that I have when I get on the gas pedal... The only other mod that I have made is the K&N CAI. Is the lag due to the 4 to 8 cylinder switch, or is it a gearing ratio that I need to change? This is my first tuner as well.

My diablo will be delivered today. I'm hoping to get rid of the lag that I have when I get on the gas pedal... The only other mod that I have made is the K&N CAI. Is the lag due to the 4 to 8 cylinder switch, or is it a gearing ration that I need to change? This is my first tuner as well.

Negative. I turned off dod/afm. It sounds better and feels more powerful but I still had lag.

I tried the 87 tune and stock Trans and it ran pretty good but still had lag.

Then I put it back to stock and tuned the tcm to firm shift and bingo. No lag! That's when I found out its torque management for me.

Firm shift is perfect for me because it doesn't turn off TM it just turns it way down.

I'm currently running modify stock

Throttle boost 5%

Changed my tires size

AFM off

Trans set to firm

And I love it. I may not be done yet but I tried the 87 tune and my truck ran a little lean for me. And FYI firm shift is not the slightest bit harsh.

I have one for my 6.2 8 speed. there are no trans paramaters.

I have the 91 Tune and disabled the AFM. Disabling the AFM alone was amazing. I also corrected my tire size.

my MPG actually went UP after this!

I have one for my 6.2 8 speed. there are no trans paramaters.

I have the 91 Tune and disabled the AFM. Disabling the AFM alone was amazing. I also corrected my tire size.

my MPG actually went UP after this!

Mine went up 3 on the turnpike with 87 oct

Archived