Tenscourts' 2016 LTZ/Z71 CCSB 4WD Silverado

tenscourts

I am really glad and really upset I found your build thread.  My ‘16 LTZ is very similar looking. I built my own “bed slide” and added lights in the cap.   I am due for new tires and had the ridge grapplers on my short list.   How have you liked them?  They look great on yours.  I haven’t decided with what size I’m gonna go with since I have 22” wheels 

I also like the stance you have going on.  I have the RC bottom spacer in front and the 2” rear block but was considering adding the top spacer for a bit more height in front and maybe a 3” block in back.

023B6AB9-EA17-4F86-BB3B-6CF61AECBD25.thumb.jpeg.1ffe656192be0db1930f37d2a3774378.jpeg
7982AEBE-93C3-4AE4-9F0F-ED320FA225A3.thumb.jpeg.6e644e7d7865bd567c6006b7559336ed.jpeg
I like the tires. They are the most aggressive I've ever had and fuel mileage took a hit with the tires and lift but they ride well. They are a lot more square than any other tire I've had which I notice with low speed steering but at higher speeds I don't notice it. I think it's because the wheels lean when you turn so you're riding on the corner of the tire a little more. I've always heard 22's ride stiffer because there is less sidewall but mine are 20's so I'm not speaking from experience.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

I really dig the look of your truck my friend! Everything complements everything very well, I can tell you have put some thought into this vision.
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

• 2 months later...
Just studied your whole build.  Almost wish I went with your cap instead of my roll n lock.  Your truck looks great man!   How do you like your suspension?
The suspension rides great and handles well. There is some squeak in the rear leaf springs when going over speed bumps but not under normal driving. They tried to unpack and grease them twice with no luck. It's not a big deal as it's only over larger bumps like speed bumps. Obviously the brakes aren't part of the suspension but my truck weighs 6580lbs (3600) on the so the stopping power is nice to have and the nose of the truck doesn't drop no matter how hard of a stop I make. There are much cheaper brake upgrades out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey tenscourts!  been a while since I checked in here.  Winter is over in the northeast and I'm already planning out my next mods.  before the snow flew I added a winch on the front, with a bumper kit.  Works great.  I just need to move my two center parking sensor up into the winch mount.  

I  like the flares you have.  what kind are they and were they hard to install?  I'm also looking at a little bit of a lift.  I put a 2.25" leveling kit on the front a year ago, and like it, but I just need a little more height.  Maybe 3" -4".  I wonder if there's a level kit they can put on in addition to my leveling kit.  I want it higher, but level too.  Only other thing I did recently was have an antenna mount installed on the roof for my ham radio so I don't have to use that damn mag mount.  came out fine.  I think I want to add some amber LEDs in the grille too like the raptor has.  I like that look.

IMG_5348.jpg

Edited by tckirkpa
  • Like 1

Hey tenscourts!  been a while since I checked in here.  Winter is over in the northeast and I'm already planning out my next mods.  before the snow flew I added a winch on the front, with a bumper kit.  Works great.  I just need to move my two center parking sensor up into the winch mount.  
I  like the flares you have.  what kind are they and were they hard to install?  I'm also looking at a little bit of a lift.  I put a 2.25" leveling kit on the front a year ago, and like it, but I just need a little more height.  Maybe 3" -4".  I wonder if there's a level kit they can put on in addition to my leveling kit.  I want it higher, but level too.  Only other thing I did recently was have an antenna mount installed on the roof for my ham radio so I don't have to use that damn mag mount.  came out fine.  I think I want to add some amber LEDs in the grille too like the raptor has.  I like that look.
IMG_5348.jpg.53d9544a0424f8cd30a9ea47a399fb8b.jpg
My flares are bushwacker. To get the smooth finish they only come in raw plastic. I had to get them painted and I let the shop that did my lift install them. If you get the ones that have the bolt on look you can get them pre-painted in certain colors. As for the lift I've always understood any leveling kit above 2.25 will stress the suspension too much. To go higher than that you'll need a true lift. Mine is a 4 inch BDS but there are plenty of cheaper options.

• 2 years later...

Hello! I am in the midst of the dual battery setup, and was wondering what kind of wiring was used to connect the breaker to the circuit board? What type was used for the ground wire? Ill go ahead and apologize ahead of time, as I’m not too experienced when it comes to electronics haha.