Looking for input on OnStar and My Chevy app ability to track me

I got a 2016 Silverado 2500 HD last week. My last truck did not have apps, onstar, navi and I'm not the most technical guy. I have a 3 month trial of OnStar Guidance and my wife and I both downloaded the My Chevy iphone app, which also links to the Onstar RemoteLink app. We do not have the FamilyLink. I really don't need OnStar and will let the subscription run out. It looks like I get their Basic app for life, which is fine. Here's the deal. My wife can be overbearing and ride my ass (figuratively) for the dumbest things. I'm not a cheater. If I was, I wouldn't have told her about the app or I would have bought a vehicle that I could be sure could not be tracked, saved for some super effort with a hidden GPS tracker. I don't think she's that nutty. But once in a while I stop at a friends house she doesn't like or the neighborhood bar. I don't want her stalking me through a phone app. I just don't want to deal with it if I"m 5 minutes late picking up a kid because I'm stuck in traffic. She really needs a job so she can be busy. Anyway, I'd like to know how much tracking she can do with these apps and what I have to do to stop it. If I"m at work and I set the Parking Reminder before I leave, when she logs into the app, will she still think I'm at work? That would be perfect. Just looking for a little bit of space here.

I did a search, but couldn't find anything. If this is discussed elsewhere, I'd appreciate the link. Thanks!

Oi. She got you alright. Well regarding your question, I'm sorry I don't have a good answer on that. I think the only solution would be to cancel everything onstar related. And then hope she doesn't put some sort of aftermarket tracking device on there that you don't know about..

Archived